Midlands Nano Meet Sat 14 and Sun 15 Sept by Trebor (Page 4 of 6)

Trebor
Duncan wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:Yes Duncan, that will be ok.

Great Mike, thanks. I'll see how it goes tomorrow afternoon!

Thats good news Duncan, hope the brake job goes to plan, is it just new bits ?

Jürgen wrote:
Duncan wrote:Weather is not bad tomorrow afternoon,

I'll only show up if it's not snowing. ;)

See you at the weekend Jürgen and thanks for coming all that way to collect your powerfold gears !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 20:39 #61 

Duncan
Trebor wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Yes, discs pads and shoes. So it ought to be straightforward. I always clean the pad carriers which adds a few minutes, but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary.

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 20:45 #62 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:See you at the weekend Jürgen and thanks for coming all that way to collect your powerfold gears !

I could even smuggle a few* more to the Continent ... :mrgreen:

Looking forward to meet you on Saturday :)

* sets ordered by Mintman

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 21:00 #63 

Trebor
Duncan wrote:
Trebor wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Yes, discs pads and shoes. So it ought to be straightforward. I always clean the pad carriers which adds a few minutes, but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary.

I didnt change the handbrake shoes but found that getting the second pad in the caliper at the rear was not straightforward as not enough room , be interested in exchanging notes when you have done yours
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 21:12 #64 

Cockaa
Not long now chaps woo hoo! ;)
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 13 Sep 2013, 09:03 #65 

Bernard
I'm very sorry that I won't be there. I will try and send you some weather from Spain, it was 29C when I got into the car this morning to go shopping. Shopping for beer and gin mostly it must be said. Too hot to eat much.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Sep 2013, 09:18 #66 

Bermudan 75
Bernard wrote:I'm very sorry that I won't be there. I will try and send you some weather from Spain, it was 29C when I got into the car this morning to go shopping. Shopping for beer and gin mostly it must be said. Too hot to eat much.

We will be thinking of you Bernard whilst we swig our real ale huddled around the camp fire under our umbrella... :lol:

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 13 Sep 2013, 09:35 #67 

Trebor
nice to hear from you Bernard, sounds like you are having a nice time !

Drop me a pm when you get back as i have the PF gears
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Sep 2013, 09:37 #68 

Bermudan 75
What's the turnout looking likely to be Rob?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 13 Sep 2013, 09:38 #69 

Duncan
Well so much for plans A and B.

Brakes done, though not test driven. I got VERY wet. Handbrake shoes are the pig, had no real problem with the pads, other than being careless taking out the wear sensor and breaking it. Luckily I had a spare.

So, just thinking I'll stop now and test drive it in the morning before loading up. Lock the car and notice the left rear indicator isn't working. Spare bulb in, and still dead. Bottom. So maybe my spare is a duff, but I do need to fix it before I can come tomorrow. I was too cold wet tired and hungry to carry on so I'll do it first thing tomorrow and confirm when I have. It may mean a slightly later arrival, but I do need to get my car working.

Looking forward to catching up, one way or another!

Posted 13 Sep 2013, 17:26 #70 

Trebor
Duncan wrote:Well so much for plans A and B.

Brakes done, though not test driven. I got VERY wet. Handbrake shoes are the pig, had no real problem with the pads, other than being careless taking out the wear sensor and breaking it. Luckily I had a spare.

So, just thinking I'll stop now and test drive it in the morning before loading up. Lock the car and notice the left rear indicator isn't working. Spare bulb in, and still dead. Bottom. So maybe my spare is a duff, but I do need to fix it before I can come tomorrow. I was too cold wet tired and hungry to carry on so I'll do it first thing tomorrow and confirm when I have. It may mean a slightly later arrival, but I do need to get my car working.

Looking forward to catching up, one way or another!

ok Duncan, see you when you get there, what about hand signals ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Sep 2013, 19:10 #71 

takestock
I think Duncan may well have just given you a hand signal when he read your post Rob ;) :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 07:17 #72 

Duncan
Well at least the indicator problem was an easy one. Broken contact in the bulb holder. Temporary repair in place so I just need to check the brakes and load up.

Dave, yes something like that!

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 07:43 #73 

starbug2
a big thank you to Arctic and devilish for what they did on my car

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 21:09 #74 

starbug2
starbug2

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 21:55 #76 

starbug2

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 21:57 #77 

starbug2

Posted 14 Sep 2013, 22:00 #78