MGTF Spark Firefrost Red- Low Mileage (SOLD) by Trebor (Page 1 of 2)

Trebor
CAR NOW SOLD

PRICE NOW FURTHER REDUCED TO £3150

MGTF For Sale

This is the reluctant sale of my wife’s TF and the only reason it is for sale is that she now has a ZT 190 which she now prefers.

History:

It is a December 2004 model limited edition 135 Spark in Firefrost Red, which I bought in Jan 2006 for £9,545 when it was just about 12/13 months old and it previously had one lady owner with a mileage of 3,000 when I bought it.

I have been the owner since then but it was bought for my wife who has been the main user and in the 6 years we have had it she has only added another 23,000, so the present mileage is genuine and now approaching 26,000 only.

It has MOT until June 2013, Road Tax until December 2012, and a full service history and has only done just over 2,000 miles since the last service although it has now been more than 12 months since that was done but the oil is green on the dipstick. It will however be having another service before anyone drives it away and that service will include an OEM cambelt, tensioner and water pump

There was an advisory on the MOT about a track rod end and rear discs so I had both track rod ends replaced and new discs and pads front and rear in June this year which have had little use since, and the tracking has been 4 wheel aligned at a cost of £60

The stereo is a Sony single din face off with Radio and CD facility and is the original as fitted to the car.

It has both keys, a tonneau cover, windstop, MG embroidered Alcantara sports seats, and a charcoal grey hood, interior has an alloy finish with alloy inserts on the doors, chrome ashtray and handbrake button

Performance and economy ( official figures )
0 -60 8.2 seconds
Max Speed 127mph
Fuel Economy 36.6mpg combined
Cost new £18,995

The private plate will not be included in the sale and a 54 reg will be put back on before or just after sale. I will include the exterior car cover which cost me approx £60.

A new battery was fitted on the car last year, and it has a few minor stone chips and scuffs but they are only minor and to be expected for a 2004 car, the wheels are 11 spokes and in excellent condition with just a couple of blemishes, I had them powder coated around 2 years ago. The spare is a proper alloy with an unused tyre, the rest of the tyres are good.

I guess you will need to look at a few TFs before you find one this good to be honest

We will both be sorry to see the car go and I have looked after it as my own 75 diesel conny, the pictures below were taken very recently, and when I was taking them I wondered if I was doing the right thing selling, and there will be a tear in the eye when someone else drives her away for good.

Also advertised on Pistonheads

PRICE NOW FURTHER REDUCED TO £3150

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Sep 2012, 16:29 #1 

Last edited by Trebor on 26 Nov 2012, 20:22, edited 8 times in total.

starbug2
i have seen this car and it does look very nice and looked after

Posted 02 Sep 2012, 16:52 #2 

Trebor
thanks Stephen its just getting no use so time to sell it on albeit reluctantly
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Sep 2012, 17:00 #3 

starbug2
if we didn't have the F i may of got it ......

Posted 02 Sep 2012, 17:05 #4 

MGBev
starbug2 wrote:if we didn't have the F i may of got it ......
yep deffo. Dave - have you posted this on the F-register forum or the MG car and owners clubs? Someone on those will give the TF a good home I'm sure :)

Posted 03 Sep 2012, 15:50 #5 

Trebor
No Bev not yet only on here and the club forum
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 03 Sep 2012, 16:47 #6 

Jürgen
(Site Admin)
Rob, that's a very nice car, obviously in a very good condition. :thumbsup:

Posted 03 Sep 2012, 20:39 #7 

Trebor
Thanks Jürgen, i have looked after it as my own . Have now put it on Auto Trader as from about an hour ago
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 03 Sep 2012, 21:50 #8 

carlpenn
Best of luck with the Sale Trebor, that is one beautiful example and a lovely colour too, I do like Firefrost red on the F/Tf Car :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 03 Sep 2012, 22:04 #9 

MGBev
I can ask our local MG club as well if ya like. by the way - sorry for calling you Dave earlier.. :em:

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 15:46 #10 

MGBev
..I'd say the MG Midlands Centre as well which is part of the MG club, but it depends on how many calls you want, you don't to spend all night on the phone :panic: :)

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 15:53 #11 

Trebor
thanks Bev, any help would be appreciated, i dont mind the calls but not too many silly offers would be nice !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 16:29 #12 

Bermudan 75
Hope you find a nice new home for her Rob. Always sad to say goodbye to a nice car, I still get feelings of regret now years after I sold my 1971 red TR6 in 1985.

Posted 04 Sep 2012, 21:48 #13 

Trebor
now on Pistonheads
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 09 Sep 2012, 09:21 #14 

zojosc
Without the fear of redundancy hanging over my head this would be sold by now. I so hope it goes to a good home as I have had to be real strong to avoid grabbing this.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 09 Sep 2012, 11:30 #15 

Trebor
A quick bump as still for sale and since original post have had it 4 wheel aligned and will be having a new cambelt in a few days
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 17 Sep 2012, 22:22 #16 

Jürgen
(Site Admin)
Tempting, very tempting. :-?

Posted 19 Sep 2012, 17:07 #17 

Trebor
You could have seen it last weekend if i had known whether you are interested or not Jürgen
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Sep 2012, 22:16 #18 

Trebor
bumpety bumpety
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Sep 2012, 20:47 #19 

Trebor
Still for sale and willl be serviced plus new cam belt, water pump and tensioner as part of that service before it is sold
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 17 Oct 2012, 18:17 #20