2004 Mk6 Transit 2.4d 85k - SOLD! by geesmith (Page 1 of 2)

geesmith
My transit Mk6 90ps T350 LWB in white. Manual. Ply lined and very clean internally. Not scruffy, no builders dust, no nasty liquid stains. Always clean useage. All 5 doors close like new. Constantly attracts compliments for its condition. Double passenger seat (3 seater).
Very good mechanical condition. Good tyres all round. A couple of dings on the upper bodywork. Only 85,000 miles.

Only £2,600.

I intended to convert it to a camper but got no further than a quote for tinted windows in the side door and panel opposite before redundancy caught me napping. Double drat!
Taxed until end of Jan.
MOT until end of Feb.(no advisories)
Triple drat

Posted 23 Nov 2011, 19:06 #1 

Last edited by geesmith on 14 Dec 2011, 23:21, edited 3 times in total.

geesmith
The van still has 3 months MOT. It has only done 590 miles since the last MOT and has spent most of that time in a warm dry warehouse. The cigar lighter surround needs replacing, the lighter still works. The van is in excellent mechanical order, doesn't smoke not even from a cold start after standing for a week.

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 15:40 #2 

Ragman
Blimey that is one very tidy van - a good buy I'd say

I'll have a word with the boss but don't think we're in the market for anther one at the moment

What's the single din slot for

Posted 30 Nov 2011, 22:53 #3 

geesmith
The slot originally had a tachograph installed. The guys that had the van before me were tradesmen working mainly locally and there's no tow bar so not sure why it needed one? There were two other vans in the compound when we chose this one that were near identical apart from higher miles and poorer condition, both without tacho's. With the van not travelling much we did have a couple of occasions when we came to move it and the tacho had flattened the battery. I checked with South Yorks Police and they told me I needed a tacho for the LWB T350 if it was used to tow a trailer for profit but to tow a trailer for private use it didn't need one. As far as I can see it never had a tow bar fitted.
It is a very nice van throughout. I'll put on a pic of the engine bay soon.
It feels very nice to drive.

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 02:22 #4 

Ragman
One other question - where is the van?

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 15:35 #5 

Dave
I'm going to take a guess at in the vicinity of "Rotherham South Yorks"

:gmc:

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 19:23 #6 

geesmith
You can come back in and hang your coat up Dave, spot on, Rotherham, South Yorks it is.

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 19:37 #7 

Ragman
Sorry was posting from my phone and missed the South Yorks bit!

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 19:49 #8 

Martin
Will the Van meet the omissions output for the centre of London?
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 19:58 #9 

Ragman
Just checked on the TFL site and using the above reg it indicates it is complaint from Jan 2012, no need to be compliant before that

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 20:07 #10 

Dave
geesmith wrote:You can come back in and hang your coat up Dave, spot on, Rotherham, South Yorks it is.

Nice one, as it's turned a bit chilly :fetchmecoat:

Posted 01 Dec 2011, 23:39 #11 

geesmith
Ragman wrote:Just checked on the TFL site and using the above reg it indicates it is complaint from Jan 2012, no need to be compliant before that

Thanks for that Colin. :)

Shouldn't that be :fetchmecoatback: Dave?

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 00:10 #12 

Dave
geesmith wrote:Shouldn't that be :fetchmecoatback: Dave?

Yes, you are right of course, as otherwise it's really the same as :getmecoat: ... Doh!

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 12:23 #13 

Ragman
Boss isn't up for it as too far away but we often get people asking if we know of good vans for sale so will point them in your direction

Posted 02 Dec 2011, 22:00 #14 

geesmith
Thanks for that Colin. It is a bit of a trek. A guy in Glasgow thinks the same. :)
I have had an enquiry from someone in my hometown over on the Transit forum and someone possibly coming over from Manchester (where my Wolf the 75 now resides).

I'll update if there is any change.

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 01:59 #15 

JohnDotCom
A train one way for such a nice Van would be more than worth the time IMO. ;) :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 09:55 #16 

geesmith
Funny you should say that John...the chap from Glasgow has contacted me again to say he is now considering doing just that when he gets his cheques in so you can also :fetchmecoatback: - :)

He's seen the van in the for sale section of the Ford Transit forum where it's had over 740 views!

If I had both arms up to working strength I could probably employ myself as a man with a van/ joiner/ service engineer/ stand-in delivery person / fixer /gofor.
Oh well, I've been wanting some space to write that book.

Posted 03 Dec 2011, 11:55 #17 

geesmith
.............Payment taken. Totally sold.

Posted 04 Dec 2011, 12:54 #18 

Last edited by geesmith on 14 Dec 2011, 23:23, edited 2 times in total.

JohnDotCom
Nice one Glynn. :-D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Dec 2011, 17:51 #19 

Ragman
Good news - good buy!

Posted 05 Dec 2011, 00:40 #20