Left hand? ... Right hand? by raistlin

raistlin
Occasionally, I feel moved to comment upon that which I describe as "corporate stupidity". Here is the latest :-

We have just recently changed energy suppliers from British Gas and today I received a letter from them. In fact, within the same envelope were two letters.

The first had words to this effect:

"Dear sir, we are able to confirm that your energy account has been successfully transferred and as there is no outstanding debit on the account, please accept this letter as confirmation that the account is now closed. Please ensure that you contact your bank to cancel your direct debit instruction."

The second letter went thusly

"Dear Sir, it has come to our attention that your direct debit instruction has been cancelled. Please take immediate and urgent action to contact us on the number given above to either setup a direct debit or agree a different method of payment. Failure to do so could be the cause of further administrative action."

One lives in awe of the power of the industrial / commercial behemoths to cock up quite so spectacularly :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 May 2015, 17:55 #1 

humphshumphs
Why does it not surprise me??
Richard

Posted 19 May 2015, 19:35 #2 

PaulT
And energy companies wonder why they have a bad name.

I have just changed from EDF due to 'trying' to change the bank account for Direct Debits. All sorts of apologies, payments (£105 total) to say sorry for not actioning the change.....wrong flags set on the system etc
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 20 May 2015, 10:16 #3