Just to prove that Rover. . . by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
. . . doesn’t have to mean ‘pipe and slippers’ . . .

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 22:00 #1 

Dave
I'll have the orange P6 please!

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 22:01 #2 

Tourerfogey
That's ok, 'cause I'm having the blue one :D

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 22:02 #3 

Dave
I would have had the yellow SD1, but it seems to be missing a windscreen and a headlight!

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 22:07 #4 

MGBev
I'll have the white SD1!

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 15:47 #5 

baconbuttyman
Yeah the second SD1 looks awesome
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 18:17 #6 

podge
To think I nearly inherited my late fathers "from new 3500s",sadly he part exchanged it but a short while before he passed away.Wonderful Rover...identical to this one..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_motors/2713756940/

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 18:53 #7 

Dallas
I will have the black P5 then :-D ................ just look at that lovely body styling at the front. :hail: :clap:

Posted 27 Jul 2011, 20:42 #8 

PaulT
Now the blue P6 (flared arches) is a replica of one that Rover did race in the 60s. It was powered by a Traco Oldsmobile engine. The last I heard of it it was in Australia (it did go to Oz in the 60s and somewhere I have an article about the car headlined 'Smithy has a new Rover'.

If memory serves me correctly it was owned by a guy called Rob Harrison and he was looking for a Traco Oldsmobile engine to replace the Rover engine that had subsequently been fitted.

And what about the Rover BRM gas turbine of 64/65? that was entered for Le Mans.

There were also the 60s P6 rally cars KUE1 to 4.

And going back to the 50s the Marauder sports car based on the P4 behind which was a few Rover people.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 06:20 #9 

Tourerfogey
PaulT wrote:Now the blue P6 (flared arches) is a replica of one that Rover did race in the 60s. It was powered by a Traco Oldsmobile engine. The last I heard of it it was in Australia (it did go to Oz in the 60s and somewhere I have an article about the car headlined 'Smithy has a new Rover'.

If memory serves me correctly it was owned by a guy called Rob Harrison and he was looking for a Traco Oldsmobile engine to replace the Rover engine that had subsequently been fitted.

And what about the Rover BRM gas turbine of 64/65? that was entered for Le Mans.

There were also the 60s P6 rally cars KUE1 to 4.

And going back to the 50s the Marauder sports car based on the P4 behind which was a few Rover people.

If you wanted a genuine Works Rally P6, the Rover-BRM Gas Turbine car and a P4 based Maurauder, all you had to do was ask . . .

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 13:09 #10