Items offered in return for a contribution.... by Duncan

Duncan
A bit of a moan, I suppose.

It doesn't take much to live up to a promise to make a contribution in return for something someone sends you. I suppose it would be nice to even acknowledge that you had received it.

So if you promise to donate to the forum in return for something, please actually do it.

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 21:15 #1 

raistlin
Oooops.

Wassup mate :confused:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 21:18 #2 

Duncan
Not something you have done, don't worry!

Just that someone was happy to offer to contribute the cost of postage for something I sent, but never did. Couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge it ahd arrived.

I don't think they contribute (should I say take) from the site much since then, but just wanted to remind others that it's worth keeping your word as it were..

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 21:28 #3 

James.uk
Hiya Duncan.. :)

Plzz don't let it put you off, most people on here are extremely genuine and helpfull. :) :hail:

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 21:36 #4 

Zeb
Much of this sort of thing has to be based on trust....unfortunately people being what they are, what they say they'll do and what, in the end, they actually do does not always match up. I always do my damnedest to keep my word and will no longer deal with people who have let me down.

On the plus side, for every person that disappoints, there are dozens who do not.

That all said...I need to get my arse in gear regarding a certain boot lock and a review that needs to be written... :? :gmc:

Posted 13 Oct 2010, 21:54 #5 

Duncan
James.uk wrote:Hiya Duncan.. :)

Plzz don't let it put you off, most people on here are extremely genuine and helpfull. :) :hail:

Oh yes, I agree. Just most irritating when it happens. I probably wouldn't have checked up on the donation were it not for the fact they didn't even bother to drop in and say thanks once they had it.

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 12:12 #6 

takestock
Zeb wrote:M I always do my damnedest to keep my word and will no longer deal with people who have let me down.

:

I suppose that means I really do have to Kiss Mick then ;) :hissyfit:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 14:21 #7 

Trebor
very disappointing Duncan and not how the rest of us operate thankfully, but we have seen similar at the nano meets from time to time but very much in the minority, so keep the faith
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 14 Oct 2010, 19:24 #8 

Suffolk Man
just in case you wher refering to me in this case i emailed you thanking you for the badge .today i made a donation i do have other things in life to think about other than the £1.70 postage costs i said i would donate at your suggestion.people can forget you no i would also add i no not like being accussed of dishonesty i wiil leave at that thank you for the badge hope the five pound donation helps in its small way it will match some peoples minds

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 18:03 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
wedd wrote:just in case you wher refering to me in this case i emailed you thanking you for the badge .today i made a donation i do have other things in life to think about other than the £1.70 postage costs i said i would donate at your suggestion.people can forget you no i would also add i no not like being accussed of dishonesty i wiil leave at that thank you for the badge hope the five pound donation helps in its small way it will match some peoples minds

Thanks Phillip, donation very gratefully received.

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 18:18 #10