International Nano-Meet Weekend 16th / 17th July 2011 by raistlin (Page 1 of 13)

raistlin
The date has now been confirmed for the first ever National Nano-Meet weekend :)

It will be 16th / 17th July 2011.

The venue will be:- Four Ashes Inn, Wolverhampton, WV10 7DG. Please note that although this has a Wolverhampton address and post code, it is actually several miles outside Wolverhampton on the A449 Stafford Road and is a very nice country pub :)

Click HERE to see the location.

There is ample space to pitch tents and site caravans. We will also have the use of the shower / changing rooms facilities. Staying on site is completely free of charge, as always, but mein host would be pleased to see us in the bar and restaurant. Trust me, it's no great imposition :lol:

Sleeping in the back of the car is also acceptable but what then goes on after dark is anybody's business :)

Those of us who prefer a decent bed within four walls can easily find accommodation close by. There are several motels and even a very pleasant and reasonably priced B & B, the name of which escapes me but I'm sure Martin (Chartermark) could provide if asked.

Perhaps first arrivals could plan to be there late afternoon on Friday 15th July with a view to the ritual of communal tent erection to take place from then onwards. I feel sure one or two of "The Usual Suspects" will be there as well ;) The bar and restaurant will be open and although there is no planned event for the Friday evening, there are worse places to spend it :)

Traditionally (he said with tongue in cheek), there will be a meal on the Saturday evening in the pub's restaurant as a get together and we hope as many as possible will join us for dinner that evening.

The nano-meet format is usually to have the working day on the Sunday and this will be the case for the first ever National Nano-Meet but what we do on the Saturday is going to be very much governed by the needs and preferences of those attending.

We can work on cars as per the Sunday, if longer tasks are envisaged perhaps (for example, a complete Ultimate Remote installation could be easily done in two days).

OR, we can go out for a drive. Black country museum, Blist's Hill, Cadbury World, Banks's brewery, Severn Valley Railway etc., are all within easy reach.

OR, we can mix the two, depending on what people want to do. Possibly with some going out for a drive and perhaps keeping the children happy while some get on with working on cars. Entirely up to you folks :)

YES, children are welcome but remain the responsibility of their keepers :gmc: In fact, Ben's girls could well be considered nano-meet veterans :)

We would be expecting to finish on the Sunday by no later than 6:00 pm (ish) ;)

On an event of this magnitude, Mick and Rob cannot be expected to do the catering as is the case on the smaller scale nano-meets so you would be very much free to choose as you prefer. The pub will be open of course, but there are other places locally for both prepared food and to buy the makings (or bring your own :)).

The proprietor of the pub has a BBQ in the grounds and that will almost certainly be running over the weekend.

Please note:- a certain lady will have to find something else to wind me up about as there ARE lavatory facilities available ;) :lol: :gmc:

For those of you who do not know the philosophy behind the nano-meet, a search for "nano" on both the community and club fora should provide sufficient details.

The nano-meets are independent of, but draw their attendees from, the Rover 75 MGZT forums. There are NO qualifications to attend but it is probably a good idea to like the marque :lol:

Very briefly, the event exists to enable people to work on their cars with the added confidence of knowing that there are people around who will be able to help and possibly advise. However, each owner is responsible for his or her own car So just how much you allow the enthusiastic nutters with the tools to rip your car apart is entirely up to you.

It's a bit like a mate from the house next door giving you a hand on a Sunday afternoon.

Having said that, some of the more involved things that we can do might mean that you get your car worked on for you while you either help or go and help with somebody else's pride and joy :) Things like fitting powerfold mirrors needing to be done, at least partially, mob-handed.

There will be at least one T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) at the meet (hopefully two) and the operator(s) will do what they can but please give them a break folks :) it can be pretty intensive and they would appreciate some down-time :lol:

Finally. There is but one rule which we have more or less adhered to from the first ever nano-meet at my house:- NO OILY BITS ;) For example, an engine and transmission change might be a tad out of scope :lol:

That's a basic introduction to the nano-meet philosophy :)

We hope to have a considerable amount of hard-standing to work on but unless the car needs to be jacked up, most tasks can be done if the car is parked on the grass.

So, what we need now is names of people attending. You can attend all or part of the weekend but please let us know.

Also, if you have something specific planned for your car please also let us know so that specific skills, tools, etc., can be available.

As always, please make a post in the thread with as much info as you think we need and I will update the master list in this post.

Perhaps, if Jürgen or one of our other non-UK members wants to turn up we could change the name to the INTERNATIONAL Nano-Meet :D

We've never tried this before and don't know how it will pan out, but if other nano-meets are a yardstick, it'll certainly be fun :D

OK, here we go:-

Mick - all weekend - no specific tasks.

Bernard

Dave (Takestock)

Jake (Jakewilson)

Col (Deuxgazoles)

Rob (Trebor) - all weekend.

John (JDC)

Rob (Woolleysox) - all weekend

Lewis (Cowley_MOA) - all weekend

Duncan - all weekend

David (Monk) all weekend

James (James.uk) - Sunday

Suzublu

Jürgen - all weekend

goodlittlewifey + Tim (if he's good)

stevemac

Arctic

Mike (Rover418275)

Mick (Wide load)

Les (Gren 24)

docile34

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 19:50 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 15 Jun 2011, 21:23, edited 18 times in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Count me in, nothing needs doing to my car so I shall just be making a thorough nuisance of myself.................... As usual :D, Not sure about whole weekend, definitely Sunday.

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 19:57 #2 

Bernard
I'll be there, probably from Saturday morning onwards.
Will be staying at the hotel as usual. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 20:27 #3 

takestock
Yup. Me, me, me, me.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 20:34 #4 

JakeWilson
Me please too Paul if that's ok - as for work if I am in the Diesel then I should be ok, but possibly HK putting in the V6 insurance permitting.

Free for the whole weekend and will hapily muck in - if people need dash trims swapping, walnut wheels fitting etc.
Jake

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 21:01 #5 

DeuxGazoles
Put me down as a highly likely possible, assuming I'm back from Africa by then :mrgreen: :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 21:04 #6 

Trebor
stick me down Paul please
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 21:10 #7 

JohnDotCom
Going to make every effort for Saturday night subject to work and will be there Sunday.
My car requires some help........the roof lining removing at back of tourer to fit a new sharks fin aerial and connect up to existing cabling. Shark fin GPS aerial that is on roof is shagged or not working!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 23:20 #8 

woolleysox
Im in Sat and Sunday :clap: :unionflag:
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 00:46 #9 

Cowley_MOA
Excellent! I'm very much looking forward to this! Put me down for the whole weekend at this stage :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 07:41 #10 

Duncan
Count me in too.

Not sure exactly what days and evenings but unless something disastrous happens before then, will be there for as much as I can.

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 09:10 #11 

Mad-Monkey
Im in!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 11:34 #12 

James.uk
I will pop down on Sunday.... Coz I have a 75, and I will be-------- innit.... :lol:

Cars OK (touches wood) innit.... :thumbsup: :cheers:

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 13:58 #13 

suzublu
Too good to miss, put me down please Paul.

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 14:02 #14 

Jürgen
Hmm ... an International Nano Meet. :geek:

That sounds interesting. In this case, please count me in, Paul. ;)

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 16:59 #15 

raistlin
Cheers Jürgen :) You're in.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 17:39 #16 

goodlittlewifey
Can you add us to the list please

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 12:04 #17 

stevemac
Hey Paul,
Rob has added me to the list on the flip side ;) I am down for the whole weekend :D
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 12:48 #18 

raistlin
stevemac wrote:Hey Paul,
Rob has added me to the list on the flip side ;) I am down for the whole weekend :D

OK Steve, I'll add your name here as well :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Apr 2011, 13:17 #19 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Paul.
I will be there sat night and sunday so could you please add me to your list on page one cheers Arctic. :hail:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 10:04 #20