I feel a charge of dangerous driving may be in the wind... by raistlin (Page 3 of 3)

MN190
raistlin wrote:
MN190 wrote:I don't think it will make any difference to her choice to drive or not as she has already driven while disqualifed previously.

Has she? When was that then? :)

She was charged with driving while disqualified but wasn’t prosecuted as the CPS didn't present any evidence so I should have said allegedly. :)
While I don't think she is bombproof I do think she will think she got away with this one.

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 10:44 #41 

Dave
Mick wrote:Cock isn't in the swear filter

In the midst of all this, the sentence above made me laugh! (it is a swear word you-know-where!)

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 10:50 #42 

Jürgen
raistlin wrote:
MN190 wrote:I don't think it will make any difference to her choice to drive or not as she has already driven while disqualifed previously.

Has she? When was that then? :)

As I understood, Paul, she was driving without a license at that very day when you witnessed the incident. So disqualifying her a second time might not stop her from doing it again. :confused:

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 11:32 #43 

raistlin
There are some people for whom a disqualification means nothing Jürgen. However, in my experience, those people are few and far between, regardless of what the media would have us believe. Most people are like me and wouldn't dream of doing so.

If she is caugut driving while disqualified though, the starting point for sentencing is prison. The Police have a very good database of those disqualified linked to car registration numbers which are flagged up by ANPR checks. In addition, it is... likely... that local Police will be keeping an eye out for this individual ;)

@MN190,

I wasn't trying to be argumentative :) rather just trying to illustrate that when making decisions in matters of this sort, we don't have the luxury of proceeding without evidence, tempting though it might be :lol:

As to getting away with it. If Joe Public hadn't rallied around the people nearly knocked down on the crossing, then she would REALLY have got away with it. Regardless of the overall outcome, that co-operation between a disparate group of individuals somewhat renews my jaded faith in public spiritedness :)

Six months disqualification can be a very long time, especially if your employment depends upon your mobility :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 15:11 #44 

MN190
I know you wouldn't think about driving again with a disqualifation and I know you wasn't being argumentative.
Where I used to live when growing up was a deprived area and it was a badge of honor to be disqualified before you could legally have a licence.
It was the same with ASBO's.

There are a hardcore group who will drive while disqualified and they change cars frequently to avoid the apnr checks.
Some secondhand dealers have cottoned on to this and make a lucrative living selling second hand cars with a full MOT and tax to help the buyer.

I agree a good result from Joe Public and it does help restore your faith in doing the right thing.

Mark

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 20:27 #45 

geesmith
I confess the 'bombproof' comment was glib, hence preceding it with 'almost'. I was hinting at the way some people seem to think it's okay for them to circumvent the rules. I think it is quite possible that someone who is wired to behave outside the norm may be more likely to continue to have those same tendencies.
It's definitely not "right thinking" to presume to rush across a crossing which already has people on it and overtaking a vehicle that has stopped at that crossing whilst blowing your horn. The horn blowing was probably a request for the world to be aware of this persons right to behave outside the norm and adapt to that.
It was fortunate that citizens were present who were willing to interrupt that thought process. :)

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 22:42 #46