It does absolutely nothing!!
Pressing the buttons on the bordmonitor does nothing, the screen does not appear. The sat nav computer in the boot does have lights though.
I did things to the wiring, adding HK, diversity and changed ISO to BMW plug on the wiring loom (hope it's OK to post link to the OC):
Things to note:
1) Sat nav Computer LED (Light Emitting Diode) comes on, and the eject button lights up. It makes noises when 'woken' up, as if it is searching for a map disc.
2) I don't have a map disc, unless there is one still in the computer that refuses to come out. I don't think that there is, and this wouldn't stop the whole lot working anyway?
3) Bordmonitor button illumination does light up.
4) CD changer makes usual noises when plugged in.
5) No HK sub or amp are yet fitted - I have an amp but it is the wrong one. I thought I read that I could use a non-highline amp and it just wouldn't sound quite as good - is this correct, so I can test the system's sound without killing the non-highline amp?
6) Bordmonitor does not respond when I press the buttons, no display on screen, no 'on' light, nothing!
If anybody can help me, I would be extremely grateful!
Many thanks all, Bolin.