Get your cheque books out . . . by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
A lovely selection of old Rovers currently for sale:

P5 3 Litre straight 6 with just 66K miles – yours for £7,500
P6 3500S very desirable and has the optional boot mounted spare - seems cheap at £2,650 but the colour might not suit everyone . . .
P4 100 – from the pics and description it looks good value at £2,700 – I used to have one of these and have to say I am tempted by this one with its nice two-tone colour scheme. . .
827 Coupe – something a little newer with a very nice looking leather interior – all for £1,800.
And then there’s this beauty . . .

1938 Rover Speed 20 Sports Saloon . . . lovely condition and a snip at £25,000 . . .
All these and more can be found on:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk

. . . and no, I’m not on commission – just thought you might like to see them. :)

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 12:52 #1 

Dave
If I had the money, I'd buy them all....

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 15:31 #2 

geesmith
I'd settle for the P5..

The Headmaster at the Grammar had a P4 in 2 tone grey.
He wore a black cape as did all the senior masters. By the time I left school none of the masters wore capes.

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 16:12 #3 

Zeb
geesmith wrote:I'd settle for the P5..

The Headmaster at the Grammar had a P4 in 2 tone grey.
He wore a black cape as did all the senior masters. By the time I left school none of the masters wore capes.

The last school I worked at, the head and deputies wore capes...and I only left in 2007! :D

Nice cars...but no space left in me garage :( If I did have space I would have the P5 too...lovely!

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 16:28 #4 

PaulT
What is the first thing you would look at if you won millions on the lottery?

For me I think it would be cars and tell Yve 'you look for a property, anything will do as long as it has a very large garage'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 16:46 #5 

carlpenn
PaulT wrote:What is the first thing you would look at if you won millions on the lottery?

For me I think it would be cars and tell Yve 'you look for a property, anything will do as long as it has a very large garage'.

I know People may not share my Enthusiasm, but this would be first:
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C184974

Beautiful Car and great fun to drive, I miss my old one :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 19:46 #6 

Dave
carlpenn wrote:I know People may not share my Enthusiasm, but this would be first:

No, I quite like that!

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 20:58 #7 

Dave
While we are on a roll, I really like this...

Rover 820 Vitesse Turbo Coupe, but £2995 is sadly too much for me...

Almost as nice, and much cheaper at £1390, is this Rover 820 Vitesse, not a coupe, but still nice!

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 21:20 #8 

Tourerfogey
Dave wrote:
carlpenn wrote:I know People may not share my Enthusiasm, but this would be first:

No, I quite like that!

The RA21 Celica was also one of my favourite cars of the period - its 'Mini Mustang' styling meant it stood out from the crowd. Sadly, I have never owned or driven one. :(

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 21:36 #9 

Tourerfogey
Dave wrote:While we are on a roll, I really like this...

Rover 820 Vitesse Turbo Coupe, but £2995 is sadly too much for me...

Almost as nice, and much cheaper at £1390, is this Rover 820 Vitesse, not a coupe, but still nice!

I much prefer the Vitesse to the Coupe - the 2 door models never seemed to look quite right to me - I thinks it's just too big a car for Coupe styling.

Posted 03 Apr 2012, 21:38 #10 

carlpenn
Tourerfogey wrote:
Dave wrote:

No, I quite like that!

The RA21 Celica was also one of my favourite cars of the period - its 'Mini Mustang' styling meant it stood out from the crowd. Sadly, I have never owned or driven one. :(

Mine was great fun to Drive and was one of only 500 in existence (I found out many years later) "JEM 974P" was teh Plate, though nothing shows on DVLA anymore, so sadly the Car may be in pieces now, or 95% Dishwasher :(

They sell for a lot of money too, even in bad condition.

I once parked mine next to a fastback version outside AFL in Leyland (Lancs) and when I came out, there was an oldish chap standing there waiting for me, it turned out the Celica I owned was bought by him new in the 70's when he and his Wife first got married he now owned the Fastback I was parked next to !!!
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 04 Apr 2012, 07:29 #11 

Dave
Tourerfogey wrote:I much prefer the Vitesse to the Coupe - the 2 door models never seemed to look quite right to me - I thinks it's just too big a car for Coupe styling.

I know what you mean - some of the coupes just look a little odd. But, having said that, some of them look really right! (and the blue one in my link looks this way to me!)

Posted 04 Apr 2012, 08:39 #12 

Tourerfogey
Dave wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:I much prefer the Vitesse to the Coupe - the 2 door models never seemed to look quite right to me - I thinks it's just too big a car for Coupe styling.

I know what you mean - some of the coupes just look a little odd. But, having said that, some of them look really right! (and the blue one in my link looks this way to me!)

It is surprising how the same car can look totally different in different colours - wheels make a big difference too.

Posted 04 Apr 2012, 13:01 #13 

Dave
Tourerfogey wrote:It is surprising how the same car can look totally different in different colours - wheels make a big difference too.

Agreed! Personally I don't really like the 800 Coupe in your original post (sorry!) but the one I later found looks great. To me! Others may think the other way around!

Intrinsically they are identical, but when you compare them side by side...

Posted 04 Apr 2012, 14:58 #14 

PaulT
Still do like the 800s
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 Apr 2012, 16:00 #15 

geesmith
I liked those Toyota's at the time. That one looks well presented. The underbonnet is almost identical to an Alfa Giulietta (or GTV) of the period with proper carbs and exhaust manifold straight out of the showroom. What are the chances of parking next to the original owner! 8)
But, if we're talking lottery winnings I'd consider this one as it's the same age as me (wish I looked as good)

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C223533#

I wouldn't have minded a close look at this slightly older one! Look at the cooling fins on the inlet manifold from the blower! wolf whistle..

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C249927

Posted 04 Apr 2012, 16:50 #16