Brakes Pulsing by chrislloydie

chrislloydie
Hi Guys,

Got a little problem with my brakes that Ive only noticed over the past few days.

When braking from speed, the brake pedal feels like it is pulsing under my foot. The pulsing doesnt seem to happen when braking at very slow speeds.

I must admit I cant remember when the brake fluid was last changed so am gonna get this done asap, but can anyone else offer any advice as to why the pulsing is happening.The front pads were changed about 8k miles ago and are ferrodo. Can't remember the brand of disc used or exactly when they were changed but roughly 18 months ago.

I have no ABS (Antilock Braking System) light coming on.

The brakes also seem a little less efficient over the last few months too. Had a couple of heart in mouth situations when took a bit longer to stop than it used to. Also had a few occasions of sinking brake pedal, usually if braking very hard.

Thanks

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 17:42 #1 

JohnDotCom
Just checking that this isn't the ABS coming in which can sometimes be reffered to as pulsating when operational?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 18:47 #2 

RRobson
a pulsing pedal is usually warped discs of there is no abs problem. you should be able to feel it under both light and heavy braking, but not necesseraly at low speeds. in more extreme cases, you can feel effects through the steering wheel
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 19:10 #3 

chrislloydie
The pulsing happens under all braking conditions and on dry roads. I'll get the garage to check the discs when I have the fluid changed and hopefully solve the problem. Thanks guys.

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 19:32 #4