Hi Dave/Duncon & fellow members.
First of all i must say thanks for all the help it is most appreciated, second if the wiring turns out to be right fingers crossed even though it as taken me/us all day to sort out it is in a way satisfying, now just to recap again with pics as i think they can explain some what better than just words well for me anyway
Right here we go from the clip in plug end of the loom through to the control box, then onto the motor.
Pic 1 shows the two plug ends with one thick black wire & a thin grey wire, and one with a thick brown wire & the thin yellow/blue & red wires,
Pic 2 shows the spade connectors inside the plugs,the left one holds the thick black and the thin grey wires the right one holds the thick brown and the thin yellow/blue&red wires.
pic 3 shows the wires once i have peeled back the black protective sheath single thick brown spliting into two brown,& one thick black spliting into two black wires,
Pic 4 show where the wires go with regards to my none working 3 speed brush motor.
Pic 5 shows the control box of the 2 speed i am using but with my own loom because this control box came with the wires cut close and no loom, note the date 03/07/02 for reference later to mine which is dated 11/02/02.
Pics 6/7 shows after i have transfered my wires from my loom to the 2 speed control box (03/02/02) from my 3 speed box (11/02/02
Note the date of my 3 speed box above the 2 speed box below date in pic 7, i still have to cut the purple which will not be in use,also i will be using the the brown left and nearest to the red as my other black later on in this post it will have black tape round it,
pic 8 back to the wires that spilt and how i will join them to the control box then onto the motor along with the other colours thick gray and thick red, I have cut the two brown wires one will go to the red which goes to the motor, the other will join up to one of the two blacks which will give me my two blacks in the control box,
pic 9 having cut the two brown wires and one of the black wires i joined the brown wire coming from the control box nearest to the red to the black wire i cut, making this in effect my other black wire in the control box,the other brown wire i joined to the red wire which goes direct to the fan motor. The yellow connections are temporary just incase i have got it wrong once i know they are right i will shrink wrap them, cutting out the split first,
pics 10 & 11 show how my control box is now,top left black connected to second relay along with samll black wire and the thick grey wire. Purple cut off as not in use now,thick red wire joined to the large relay along with the thick brown wire which in turn is my other black as it is joined to the black wire which goes to the plug.
pic 11 shows the comparison to the 2 speed as it was before i used my loom, both the same if you took away the purple, and the spare brown which still needs to be cut once i know it is right.
Right i have this then Red splits into two black wires, one goes to the motor,the other goes to the resistor,Gray goes to the resistor,brown from the plug goes to the red on the motor,black from the plug goes to the control box relays left to the small relay at top and back of the box, right to the large relay along with the red wire. all the small wires stay as they are.
pic 14/15/16 resistor fitted to the cowling i will be relocating the control box next to the FBH (Fuel burning heater.)
in engine compartment.
pic 17 i have used the old black control box to fill the hole left because i am relocating the new control box, i might yet cut up some plastic to seal it properly before i fit it will see if i have time,
Now if you would like to give the
to how it is wired and think it is 100% ok to fit please do so then i can put my susie back together, i thank you all for your help and hope the pics will help other members whom decide to do this mod. will have some question on these control boxes but that will be another thread.
PS hope someone looks in before 11.00am today