Fan Resistor Upgrade by Arctic (Page 4 of 4)

kandyman
Loving the videos and pictures you take, keep up the good work. :)

Posted 12 Jun 2011, 23:27 #61 

Duncan
OK. Will have to listen to the commentary this evening, as I'm at work now. The good news is, the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is for a diesel. All the chips and stuff on the back are what I was expecting to see when the box was opened.

So, new resistor, swap the thin wires, and Robert is your Mum's brother.

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 07:03 #62 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Duncan.
Thats great news just waiting on the gold resistor now, i am off up town to buy a heat gun for the shrink wrap on the joints. May even attempt the fitting before the nano if i feel confident enough with all the great help on here i could well be, Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Jun 2011, 10:08 #63 

Arctic
(Trader)
Also worth reading on the subject of 3 and 2 speed fans for the rover 75 a chap as fitted a mondeo fan with sucess and at a fraction of the cost of a rover 75 upgrade here is the link read it all with interest.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=86319
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 14 Jun 2011, 18:22 #64 

Arctic
(Trader)
yahooo.
my gold upgrade resistor arrived today ready to be fixed to the 2 speed fan and replace defunct silver resistor. once this as been done andi have removed the bumper weather pending i might be able to fit over the week end fingers crossed as per uaual i will photo the procedure, ie taking bumper off refitting also the fan, just have to make sure i understand using the exsiting wire loom from my 3 speed fan into the 2 speed control box etc, Arctic

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Jun 2011, 23:20 #65 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi just been over the shop to buy the bits and bobs i think i may need to do the fitting of the 2 speed fan and new resistor. ie soldering iron, solder, wire 27amp 44/0.3mm on this could some one tell me if this is ok i am going to use this to extend the wire from the motor so i can fix the control box in the engine compartment should i ever need to get to it in the future. cheers arctic.

link to repositioning the control box
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=21388

Also the link on how to remove & change the radiator without de-gassing A/C
slam-panel-removal-without-regas.html
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Jun 2011, 13:17 #66 

Arctic
(Trader)
Today i tested the fan for the second time but with the new gold upgrade resistor. weather permitting tomorrow i hope to take bumper off old fan with cowling without de-gassing, meaning i wil have to cut the cowling on the car to remove it, i managed also today to prpair the 2 speed fan cowling with cut out to replace, all i have to do is make sure i get the wiring properly from my loom into the new 2 speed control box, i am also going to extend the wires to fix the control box by the FBH (Fuel burning heater.), pics below of cut outs on cowling.
Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

Image6

Image7

http://youtu.be/RdGnDDWqRzw
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 17 Jun 2011, 21:10 #67