Been a bit busy! by Duncan

Duncan
I haven't been on here so much recently as I've had a bit of a project.

A new shed is on it's way so I've been building a new base for it. Yesterday I finished it by mixing over half a ton of sand and gravel into concrete. And it looks like:

New shed is due in a couple of weeks time.

I also had to do the discs and pads all round on one car (not one of the 75s), and the tourer needs rear discs pads and shoes as it almost failed its MOT.

Posted 12 Aug 2013, 18:47 #1 

raistlin
That looks terrific Duncan. Too nice to hide with a shed :lol:

Is that where your model railway is going?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Aug 2013, 19:04 #2 

Duncan
No, but being slightly larger than the previous one, I do intend to move some things from the garage to give me a bit more space. Several sets of wheels will be a start!

Posted 12 Aug 2013, 19:20 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
High quality job there Duncan, don't envy your back just now though.

Posted 12 Aug 2013, 19:25 #4 

Trebor
Very nice Duncan, have been replacing and painting my garden fence recently, hope you had the use of a mixer !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 06:23 #5 

kandyman
Very nice :clap:

I have an old 8x12 wooden shed at the bottom of my garden at the moment that’s starting to show its age, what I would like to do is have a nice new one built from brick/block but I’m scared about getting a price from the builders as I know it’s going to cost a few thousand :shock: and if i do go ahead with either a new brick or wooden one where am i goinf to store all my stuff for the few weeks the build will take :-? 

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 06:32 #6 

JohnDotCom
If I do go ahead with either a new brick or wooden one where am I going to store all my stuff for the few weeks the build will take?

Just move it all into the Dining room. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 11:46 #7 

Bermudan 75
or you could move it into Duncan's new shed.....

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 15:20 #8 

Duncan
Trebor wrote:Very nice Duncan, have been replacing and painting my garden fence recently, hope you had the use of a mixer !

Nope. All mixed by hand!

kandyman wrote:I have an old 8x12 wooden shed at the bottom of my garden at the moment that’s starting to show its age, what I would like to do is have a nice new one built from brick/block but I’m scared about getting a price from the builders as I know it’s going to cost a few thousand :shock: and if i do go ahead with either a new brick or wooden one where am i goinf to store all my stuff for the few weeks the build will take :-?

Well the old shed was only 7x5 and I did have a big clearout before I started. But we still have the same problem. Hopefully the 6x10 will take a bit more.

JohnDotCom wrote:Just move it all into the Dining room. :gmc:

That's what I did. Looking at some of it now.

I think a brick / block one would need planning permission, where a wooden one is temporary and therefore not subject in quite the same way. We've bought from UKgardenbuildings.co.uk and they do some fairly heavy duty ones. I'm hoping it will last longer than this last one that has done well at twenty years, saying it was a cheapy back then.

Posted 13 Aug 2013, 17:38 #9