Banned, I have joined the Elite by baconbuttyman (Page 2 of 3)

scooterchick
Loving the bromance :-D

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 11:25 #21 

baconbuttyman
Gate Keeper wrote:I have an Omega which I bought years ago and for years it has stayed in a draw. I never wear it as there are places I frequent where it would be wise not to wear it. I took it into Earnst and Jones last year to be serviced and they wanted an arm and a leg, so it went back in the draw and I have not thought of selling it. I am happy with a Timex. I try and keep out of politics and just stay with social chit chat or car talk :)

Omega, would love a nice Omega, lovely time pieces, how much did e&j want to charge you
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 12:36 #22 

kandyman
I'll have to start a watch thread, I have a collection of watches, nothing to dear but I like them.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 16:48 #23 

Gate Keeper
baconbuttyman wrote:
Gate Keeper wrote:I have an Omega which I bought years ago and for years it has stayed in a draw. I never wear it as there are places I frequent where it would be wise not to wear it. I took it into Earnst and Jones last year to be serviced and they wanted an arm and a leg, so it went back in the draw and I have not thought of selling it. I am happy with a Timex. I try and keep out of politics and just stay with social chit chat or car talk :)

Omega, would love a nice Omega, lovely time pieces, how much did e&j want to charge you

E&J sent it off for an estimate which took 3 weeks to do. Instead of telling them to go ahead with the job, I am glad I asked for a quote on a service and a new glass as it was slightly scratched, the bracelet also needed a link tightening up. They did not charge for the estimate as that part was free. The quote came to £535. As I wasn't feeling flushed, I took the watch to a local jeweller in Wood Green. He repaired the bracelet and put in a new battery for £15. There was no fuss.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 18:16 #24 

Jumper
Don't want to hijack - or to nick ideas, but - new watch thread started!

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 18:44 #25 

kandyman
Jumper wrote:Don't want to hijack - or to nick ideas, but - new watch thread started!

So you did any way ;)

I have posted a few of mine on there :)

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 13:31 #26 

Jumper
I thought it would be courteous to do so.

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 14:30 #27 

bluey9
*knocks window*
Hullo, anybody home?
Following and exchange on the online equivalent of a military dictatorship where I was in compliance with the rather stringent rules.... I fell victim to a toys out the pram strop by a Mod and got banned.
I've had an account here for a couple of years and never used it.... sorry.
I'll start now if that's ok... and I'll be a very good boy, promise.
Hope all is well.

Oh... and I spent a pile of money I shouldn't have yesterday adding a Peugeot RCZ to add my fleet... get it on Friday and now happily exist at both ends of the car spectrum. I don't think I've seen two cars that are more polar opposite.

Cheers
Bluey

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 09:55 #28 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi John
Everybody welcome here, even the damned....................... ooops I meant banned :lol:

Enjoy the new look forum. :)

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 10:34 #29 

bluey9
Cheers Mick. Looks great.

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 11:13 #30 

kandyman
Welcome Bluey,

Nice to have you on board, I hope you will enjoy your stary here.

I see you're from Glasgow, i will be in Scotland for 2 weeks in August and i will be staying in Lochgelly,Fife and will be poping over to see my brother in Bannockburn,Stirling so keep a eye out for me :thumbsup:

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 13:25 #31 

bluey9
I'm up and down the A9 running right through there every day between Glasgow and Montrose. My 75 puts in 5000 miles a month at the moment. I'll look out for you. I'll be in a Platinum Gold CDTi Saloon with premium bumper.... and some really cheesy music of some description.
I'm already enjoying it here. More laid back... definitely.

Cheers
Bluey

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 13:36 #32 

Tourerfogey
Welcome from one 'club, sorry limited company' banned member to another 'club, sorry limited company' banned member :D

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 14:10 #33 

kandyman
bluey9 wrote: I'll be in a Platinum Gold CDTi Saloon with premium bumper.... and some really cheesy music of some description.
I'm already enjoying it here. More laid back... definitely.

Cheers
Bluey

i'll be in a R75 Cimarron Green limousine with the premium bumper :)

Very laid back here, infact its so laid back i have just tripped over a couple of members in the Mellow Room sleeping off there hangovers ;)

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 14:13 #34 

bluey9
Haha.... Don't think I'll be in any doubt it's you if I see that car. Sounds very nice.

Cheers
Bluey

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 14:25 #35 

kandyman
bluey9 wrote:Haha.... Don't think I'll be in any doubt it's you if I see that car. Sounds very nice.

Cheers
Bluey

Theres a few pictures on my album
gallery/kandyman-s-rover-75-lwb-a50

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 14:42 #36 

bluey9
Tourerfogey wrote:Welcome from one 'club, sorry limited company' banned member to another 'club, sorry limited company' banned member :D

Aha.... another thing I've missed while "elsewhere"... wit and humour.

Nice one :-D

Cheers
Bluey

Posted 25 Jun 2012, 15:26 #37 

Last edited by bluey9 on 28 Jun 2012, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.

Colvert
bluey9 wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:Welcome from one 'club, sorry limited company' banned member to another 'club, sorry limited company' banned member :D

Aha.... another thing I've while "elsewhere"... wit and humour.

Cheers
Bluey

Don't quite get that but Bienvenue anyway.

Colvert. :cheers:

And this to those nasties. :whump: :whump: :whump: :-D

Posted 27 Jun 2012, 21:55 #38 

bluey9
Colvert wrote:
bluey9 wrote:

Aha.... another thing I've while "elsewhere"... wit and humour.

Cheers
Bluey

Don't quite get that but Bienvenue anyway.

Colvert. :cheers:

And this to those nasties. :whump: :whump: :whump: :-D

haha... my sausage fingers had missed a whole word out.

The "75 and ZT Owners Ltd Co" isn't exactly reknowned for being a light, humourous existence for those whose face just doesn't happen to fit.... but enough of unhappy stuff. :-D :scotland:

Cheers
Bluey

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 07:58 #39 

PaulT
Presume the new comers viewed this site as second best until they were banned etc - oh how wrong you were
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 08:53 #40