announcement made by suzublu (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

suzublu
The big statement has been made on the o/c site. For most of us who use both :o

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 20:40 #1 

takestock
This is the plan that was in place last year as I understand it, I do hope it helps the club to move forward, as move forward it must.

It is a shame that it has taken recent events to make this happen.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 20:47 #2 

DeuxGazoles
Oh I'm far too mellow to be reading that lot tonight, besides I haven't got my concentrating glasses on :geek:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 20:49 #3 

takestock
Beer goggles Col?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 20:53 #4 

suzublu
See, you were out with me last night & you can,t take it. :cheers:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 20:57 #5 

Duncan
Is it an interesting announcement?

Does it include not losing any more members by upsetting them? I hope so for it's continued existence.

There's a long way to go in my book before anything makes me feel the need to go 'back'.

I only really have time to give to the one place......

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 20:59 #6 

DeuxGazoles
takestock wrote:Beer goggles Col?

No I'm off the drink just now :roll:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 21:00 #7 

DeuxGazoles
Well I still haven't read the blurb yet but it seems to have done the trick, have you noticed how tension free & much happier it is over there tonight? It's about bloody time I say :thumbsup:

Posted 09 Jul 2010, 23:10 #8 

James.uk
Having read it all, I don't see much that will alter anything for the rank and file members, it's mainly admin shuffling things about due to the membership increase making it necessary to get more admin help from the members. . :confused:

Just more unpaid office staff innit. :|

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 00:15 #9 

Dallas
Where's the Announcement? does anyone have a link....... :D

Thanks
Wes....

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 00:21 #10 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 04:57 #11 

Zeb
It is a welcome albeit (thus far) small step in the right direction.....not so much for the restructuring - which is potentially good as it actually involves the membership in the running of the club - but because there is also an attempt being made to consult members on the eventual coming changes...

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 06:30 #12 

MrB
Zeb wrote:It is a welcome albeit (thus far) small step in the right direction.....not so much for the restructuring - which is potentially good as it actually involves the membership in the running of the club - but because there is also an attempt being made to consult members on the eventual coming changes...

:iagree: It is a move away from all the cloak and dagger stuff... they want to be more transparent about what they are doing and want the membership's input. That can only be a good thing.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 07:57 #13 

Tourerfogey
Wonder what our friendly troll thinks . . .

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 12:31 #14 

James.uk
They may consult, but in the end they will do exactly what they want to do. :confused:

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 12:50 #15 

goodlittlewifey
plus if theres only a national meet every 2 years, doesnt that mean management dont have to do do much work, as the regional managers will have all the work to do, sorry but to me it seems theyre just getting members to do the work they cant be bothered doing

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 13:32 #16 

Jürgen
James.uk wrote:They may consult, but in the end they will do exactly what they want to do. :confused:

Don't prejudge, time will tell. ;)

goodlittlewifey wrote:plus if theres only a national meet every 2 years [...]

As I have read it, it's meant per region. So there will be rather more than less "national" meets in the future.
Again, time will tell. ;)

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 15:20 #17 

the_doctor
seems a reasonable announcement to me, still not registered over there yet, not got the time

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 16:13 #18 

Duncan
Tourerfogey wrote:Wonder what our friendly troll thinks . . .

He's too busy to think isn't he?

Oops. Look up :roll: , this is what he thinks....

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 16:21 #19 

payner75t
there are good and bad points in it , but it still doesn't answer the main questions about what they will do about the bans for the four who set up here. i still think banning them was wrong. putting up the changes to"the backroom" first wasn't what was needed . its sorting the mods out properly and dealing with the fall out from what's happened should have been priority!!!!
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 10 Jul 2010, 16:50 #20