Alistair Cooke's letter from America by raistlin

raistlin
Does anybody remember which days and at what time "Alistair Cooke's letter from America" was aired on BBC please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Dec 2012, 23:23 #1 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Dec 2012, 23:39 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Only that he always began, "Good morning"
You can check days here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f6hb ... ts/2010/04 They do seem to vary over time.

Posted 08 Dec 2012, 00:10 #3 

raistlin
Thanks chaps :)
Paul

Posted 08 Dec 2012, 09:09 #4 

Duncan
Sunday breakfast time. Immediately reminded of bacon and coffee smells, and the taste of kellogs rise and shine instant fruit juice.

Posted 08 Dec 2012, 09:25 #5 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Sunday breakfast time. Immediately reminded of bacon and coffee smells, and the taste of kellogs rise and shine instant fruit juice.

That's it. In a nutshell Duncan. I heard Alistair Cooke's voice a few days ago and it was immediately evocative.
Paul

Posted 08 Dec 2012, 09:49 #6 

Bermudan 75
I seem to remember it being on a weekday, used to listen to it in my father's car.

Posted 08 Dec 2012, 16:25 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'm with you on this Mike, I think Sunday were repeats. Sunday lunchtimes was Round The Horn in our house and IIRC The Navy Lark

Posted 08 Dec 2012, 16:29 #8 

Duncan
Sundays may have been repeats, I really don't know. But it was Sunday mornings without any doubt. I'm still smelling the coffee and bacon!

Posted 08 Dec 2012, 17:14 #9