A very new Rover owner by Jeffrey

Jeffrey
Hi, I am in Australia and have just purchased a 2003 75 Club Tourer with 150,000 kms. Quite impressed so far as I have owned a Volvo for 5 plus years. Only issue is traction control light is on but I see it is a common problem. Also suspect a water leak from the thermostat, is that a big job ? Looking forward to making some contacts as i am just starting my Rover journey and would like to get another 100,000kms from my tourer. Cheers Jeffrey, Queensland Australia.

Posted 19 Sep 2013, 11:27 #1 

Trebor
Hi Jeffrey and welcome to ownership ! There are other owners in Australia but its a big country so I guess you wont be meeting up !

Take off the engine cover and look with a torch into the V of the engine to see if you have water in there, in which case it probably is the stat, other info to search for on here re the subject
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Sep 2013, 12:14 #2 

takestock
Hi Jeffrey, Welcome
As said check in the V for signs of leakage It is important you check the water level regularly
also check the fan for operation on low speed, both important for the longevity of the engine :)
Anything else, ask away :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 20 Sep 2013, 21:41 #3 

Jeffrey
Thank you for your replies, checked the V, could not see any water but will keep a close eye on the water level. A question about the remote keys, both of mine completely gone so assume the only way is complete replacement. Is that a difficult/expensive process to get new programmed keys? Thanks for any advice. Regards Jeffrey

Posted 24 Sep 2013, 19:42 #4