Hello from a young 75 owner! by FrazzleTC

FrazzleTC
I thought I'd sign up for the forum after seeing it recommended somewhere else.
I'm a 20 year-old Rover 75 owner, and I bought my car in September. It was built in April 2001 but it's a 52 plate 2.0V6 Club SE in Royal blue. I'm the second owner, and I bought the car due to its large history file, four new tyres, a year's tax, a year's MOT and a year's warranty, from a Vauxhall main dealer. It's had the cambelts changed this year too. I also own a 1967 Rover 2000 which I've owned for the last 18 months or so, and was in daily use until I got the 75!

Posted 17 Dec 2011, 23:02 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A fine pair, welcome. :)

Posted 17 Dec 2011, 23:07 #2 

kandyman
Welcome to the community.

Smashing cars you have there.

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 09:34 #3 

starbug2
a very nice pair , class on wheels

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 09:35 #4 

raistlin
A classy brace :) Nice to see you on the community forum :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 09:47 #5 

JohnDotCom
Welcome to the Community, nice cars there. :)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 10:07 #6 

Dave
Hi Fraser

Still got the P6 then? Wish you'd stop posting photos of it - I'd still love to have it, but after asking you about it elsewhere (where I am uk_dave&gill) I know that it I really can't at the mo, due to lack of funds and lack of place to put it

Having said that, if you're still selling around early February next year when I have a big birthday coming up......

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 10:13 #7 

Cowley_MOA
Welcome to the community, what a lovely pair of cars you have!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 10:21 #8 

FrazzleTC
I must admit, I've decided to keep the P6, as I'm just too attached to it to sell at the moment! Everytime I drive it, it puts a smile on my face, and I can't help liking it!

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 10:51 #9 

takestock
How did you get them both to the middle of a field on yer own????
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 13:16 #10 

Dave
FrazzleTC wrote:I must admit, I've decided to keep the P6, as I'm just too attached to it to sell at the moment! Everytime I drive it, it puts a smile on my face, and I can't help liking it!

Nice one! Good for you, and also good for me as it means no temptation! :mrgreen:

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 13:58 #11 

PaulT
The P6 looks Almond and if so I presume it has had all the body panels from a later car fitted.

Do have a very soft spot for P6s
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 19 Dec 2011, 09:35 #12 

FrazzleTC
I'm afraid it's a non-original shade of yellow. The car was white originally, but the previous owner wanted to change it to April yellow, and ended up with a rather more vibrant shade of yellow. The reason for the sidestrips is that it's got series 2 wings fitted and the previous owner liked the look with the sidestrips.

Posted 19 Dec 2011, 20:58 #13 

PaulT
Would have looked better with the thin side stripes as fitted to the German market - if you can find them, I couldn't find all of them 25 years ago
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 20 Dec 2011, 07:44 #14 

FrazzleTC
I'd love a set of the German sidestrips eventually. They just look so much better on an early car, but part of me really likes the crispness of the design without any sidestrips. We shall see when it eventually needs a respray.

Posted 20 Dec 2011, 12:49 #15 

Dave
FrazzleTC wrote:I'm a 20 year-old Rover 75 owner, and I bought my car in September. It was built in April 2001

Here's a thought that just struck me: You were 10 when your car was built! Cool!

If I was to buy a car of the same vintage, it would have to be a 1972 - so the ideal would be a P6!

Posted 20 Dec 2011, 14:21 #16