A tale from the Court - Welcome back by raistlin

raistlin
Some of you may be aware that I resigned as a Magistrate at the start of the year. However, I was persuaded to revoke my resignation in favour of a sort of sabbatical.

Long story short, I decided not to resign but to continue and returned to Court for the first time last month. One of the cases which I dealt with was a long term shoplifter whom I knew well from previous cases.

She was held in custody and so was brought up from the cells by dock officers. Taking her position in the dock, she scanned the Bench and her face suddenly drained of colour and, in fact, she appeared somewhat unsteady on her feet. Her advocate was summoned to the dock and she had these words for him, forgetting, I assume, that there was a microphone in the dock which picked up every word:-

"F*** me, I thought you said that old Bas*** had resigned. Didn't you say he'd resigned. What the f*** is he doing sitting there large as life? He still looks like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle. F*** this, I might as well go straight back down to the cells now."

Now, that's what I call a welcome back :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Jun 2017, 18:14 #1 

humphshumphs
Excellent, you couldn't have asked for a better welcome back lol
Richard

Posted 10 Jun 2017, 21:03 #2 

takestock
Superb, missed these Paul :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jun 2017, 09:05 #3 

Bernard
"He still looks like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle."

Wonderful!

Posted 11 Jun 2017, 09:56 #4 

PaulT
So you make Judge Jeffreys seem like a pussy cat then :)

Always good to read these stories - did she plead guilty?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 11 Jun 2017, 19:08 #5 

MrDoodles
I hope you granted her wish of a return to the cells! :lol:

Posted 12 Jun 2017, 09:22 #6 

Zeb
First good laugh I have had in months! Glad to see you are back at it and going strong Paul! :-)

Posted 09 Jan 2018, 10:55 #7