YET AGAIN I wait for the AA by starbug2 (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

starbug2
as with the way of such things :hissyfit: the car didn't need the AA till the end of the day , a day i was layed off work so i droped the wife off to to stuff with the car , so come the time to pick her up at the hospital .... the battery warning light come on :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :gmc: :hissyfit: which maybe big trouble just before we goto scotland for our hol's :mad1: contacted austin garages and now waiting for the AA to confirm the worst and :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: . i am not a happy bunny again.... oh not all bad won £10 on the lotto :( not enough 000's

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 18:26 #1 

Rammie
OH No!! not trouble again Stephen? :mad1:

Really sorry to hear that especially on the eve of your hols, that's no fun. :hissyfit:

Hope Nick can find a quick, cheap fix and that you manage to enjoy your holiday. :)

Good luck to you.
Brian

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 18:38 #2 

starbug2
Yertiz wrote:OH No!! not trouble again Stephen? :mad1:

Really sorry to hear that especially on the eve of your hols, that's no fun. :hissyfit:

Hope Nick can find a quick, cheap fix and that you manage to enjoy your holiday. :)

Good luck to you.

aa will be here about now ish - i am not expecting it to be cheap :panic: :panic:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 18:48 #3 

Rammie
Keep the faith, you never know!
Brian

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 19:06 #4 

Tootall
Glad to see that you posted on here first ;) (by 3 mins)
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 19:06 #5 

James.uk
All you know is the battery lights on? and presumably the car wont turn over? So based on that information, you could simply have a flat battery.. :D

Have a nice holiday and relax.. :)

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 19:12 #6 

Rammie
Time for a trip to the "mellow" thread, I think ;)
Brian

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 19:32 #7 

starbug2
James.uk wrote:All you know is the battery lights on? and presumably the car wont turn over? So based on that information, you could simply have a flat battery.. :D

Have a nice holiday and relax.. :)

the battery is very much not flat , ok it is now as only just made Austin garage like Apollo 13 with all the systems failing :panic: :panic: and about died once there just got back :gmc: with aa following then wasted time trying to get a f-ing hire car :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:42 #8 

starbug2
Yertiz wrote:Time for a trip to the "mellow" thread, I think ;)

yes you are right :hissyfit: , i like your pic :thumbsup:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:43 #9 

James.uk
Awwww, I am sorry it was something more serious... but i still hope you have a lovely holiday. :thumbsup: :)

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:48 #10 

DeuxGazoles
Sounds to me like it's the A word we dont use that word round these parts anymore.
Hope you're up & running again soon
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 09:54 #11 

Rammie
Hi Stephen,
I hope Nick has waved his magic wand over your car and made it better at little cost.

Don't let it spoil your holiday enjoyment ;)
Brian

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 10:34 #12 

starbug2
he is about 1/2 done as i type so will get it back to night , not sure how much though - dare not ask ......

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 17:43 #13 

Rammie
That's pretty quick though. Did he say what the problem was?
Brian

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 19:10 #14 

starbug2
Yertiz wrote:That's pretty quick though. Did he say what the problem was?

the alternator died ..... :hissyfit: now has new one . car now home :clap: thanks to Austin garages :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:53 #15 

JohnDotCom
If you or anyone does a Oil change always cover the alternator,
common fault for blowing them.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:55 #16 

starbug2
JohnDotCom wrote:If you or anyone does a Oil change always cover the alternator,
common fault for blowing them.

no oil changed - not since it was serviced in feb . not done anything to it :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 23:01 #17 

Rammie
starbug2 wrote:the alternator died ..... :hissyfit: now has new one . car now home :clap: thanks to Austin garages :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ouch!! Still I'm glad she is back with you. Nick works his wonders again, eh? :thumbsup:

Alternator, are you sure your not related to Colin (DeuxGazoles)? He is very fond of alternators too or should that be two? :gmc:
Brian

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 05:51 #18 

starbug2
Yertiz wrote:
starbug2 wrote:the alternator died ..... :hissyfit: now has new one . car now home :clap: thanks to Austin garages :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ouch!! Still I'm glad she is back with you. Nick works his wonders again, eh? :thumbsup:

Alternator, are you sure your not related to Colin (DeuxGazoles)? He is very fond of alternators too or should that be two? :gmc:

i've had one of his pie's :panic: :thumbsup:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 08:20 #19 

starbug2
well a update , it is still working ( apart from the themo) after being to scotland and back and to the meet :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: so hip hip hooray :unionflag:

Posted 20 Jul 2010, 15:44 #20