Wonder what has happened here.... by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
Zeb
Best invite him over here then.... ;)

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 16:41 #2 

Cowley_MOA
James is a very nice chap and he is a member on here already iirc so come on James make yourself known :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 16:53 #3 

Simon
Cowley_MOA wrote:James is a very nice chap and he is a member on here already iirc so come on James make yourself known :D

:iagree:

Just dropped him a PM to remind him!! :mrgreen:
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 16:57 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Never fear chaps James is most welcome here and has free rein to offer goods and services without hindrance. He's already been in touch with JDC regarding service kits.

Clocks for sale
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1513

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 18:13 #5 

raistlin
I've had rumblings as well regarding the ex-colleague of mine who makes up the modules for my electrickery mods.

It was suggested that he would have to become a member of the club AND pay trader's fees.

All he is doing is helping me out because I can't get into the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) workshop now I've changed jobs.

FWIW, he makes about £2.00 per module to cover his time, etc. Hardly raking it in, especially when you consider that these modules take some 400 to 800 man-hours of development, which is conveniently forgotten.

So far, nobody has had the balls to push it any further. If they do so, then the links, how-to documents and my goodwill, will be withdrawn and the management can explain to club members why the modules would then cost £300+ via the club site and £30+ over here.

I trust I will hear no more about it. :evil:

Let's raise a toast to free enterprise James, that and doing people a favour without hangers on demanding a financial cut. :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 18:55 #6 

JakeWilson
I PM'd him on the other side, sending him over here - the thread he posted on the other side has been deleted!

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 19:15 #7 

starbug2
JakeWilson wrote:I PM'd him on the other side, sending him over here - the thread he posted on the other side has been deleted!

has it now , i was going to post on that :hissyfit:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 19:22 #8 

starbug2
what is the point of deleting it when many has seen it ............... :mad1:

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 19:24 #9 

raistlin
Here we go again. The slightest hint of not towing the party line and the knives come out :(

I was one of the original members of that club and I have to say that I'm saddened beyond words with the totalitarian, money-orientated, fearful place it has become :(

Dave... you were right mate, sadly :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 19:29 #10 

jamesgreen
I AM HERE
have been a member for a while on this side and what ajolly happy go lucky lot we are.
the other side for whatever reason dont need help in sourcing good discounts on service items.so as per my last thread or post keep an eye out for the prices.
as soon as i return from the isle of wight and get back to work will sort it out for the gents and lady over here.

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 20:46 #11 

Simon
Nice one James,

Enjoy your visit to the Island, I grew up there and it's a great place to visit with lots to do and see.

Best
115,000 miles and counting

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 20:55 #12 

Last edited by Simon on 18 Aug 2010, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
Not seen the thread in question.

But some things went on a while ago that made me think that the only sacred cow over there is anything paying money to the club.

I'm surprised some of us weren't being charged for giving out technical advice. Oh, sorry, forgot, we weren't. Or perhaps being charged for providing a service at the nanomeets. Oh, they have nothing to do with the club, do they?

Bitter. Moi?

Seriously, a shame what's going on but most people are happy to visit both places. That's how it should be. Myself, I get plenty from this one place!

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 21:04 #13