Wish I hadnt bothered (But now sorted) by goodlittlewifey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

goodlittlewifey
I phoned them the other day, to get a quote , was quoted £365, for fully comp, which we thought was brilliant, advisor had asked if we wanted key cover,misfuel, legal cover,personal accident, we chose our options, she then sent out the email, which disclosed that our policy was infact going to cost £420 !!!!, no-one seemed to know why the price was different, one said it was for GUARANTEED COURTESY CAR !!!!!!!, thought you got a courtesy car when you had fully comp policy, one advisor said the extra was for credit arrangement fees, one of them that I spoke to said she was the person that originally quoted me, and basically told me I was misreading the quote, ???????!!!!!!, so I sent the quote back so she could look at it, she then said she apologised as she didnt make things clear in the email,
so the quote has definately changed from £365 original quote given on the phone to £420 sent in the email 10 mins after talking to her on the phone,
will we go with them now NO CHANCE, She also informed me the discount for being a club member is 4%, just incase anyone wants to know the discount
so now I,ve got to go check other insurance companies, the cover starts tomorrow,
why cant they tell you things right at the start, makes life a lot less stressful

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 13:16 #1 

SpongeBob
I think you've been misquoted :( The pre-arranged discount for Community members is up to 15%. If they wish to dispute it then ask them to drop the admin of the board an email and we'll re-send them the communications details and contact information that we used when negotiating the deal. Also, you have Dan at Adrian Flux who's a member on here who has kindly offered to take on any queries members may have.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 13:34 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Sorry to hear you have been messed about Heather. Obviously someone is not doing their job properly, some further training may be in order.

Please contact Dan directly memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=309 by PM or Email, whether you choose to use AF or not Dan as the company representative needs to know how his staff are performing.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 14:11 #3 

goodlittlewifey
Thanks for the heads up guys, just phoned them back, and theyve brought price down quite a bit, total price down with Aviva insurance is £317.25, that includes key cover, courtesy car, driving abroad etc, makes it a much better deal, so we,re definately happy bunnies now

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 15:23 #4 

JohnDotCom
Glad you are all sorted Heather,
Still needs flagging up to Dan though.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 16:35 #5 

starbug2
at this point things seem to be not going to plan with the insurance ..... i hope that it will be sorted by next year when i need to renew , :confused:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 18:35 #6 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
goodlittlewifey wrote:I phoned them the other day, to get a quote , was quoted £365, for fully comp, which we thought was brilliant, advisor had asked if we wanted key cover,misfuel, legal cover,personal accident, we chose our options, she then sent out the email, which disclosed that our policy was infact going to cost £420 !!!!, no-one seemed to know why the price was different, one said it was for GUARANTEED COURTESY CAR !!!!!!!, thought you got a courtesy car when you had fully comp policy, one advisor said the extra was for credit arrangement fees, one of them that I spoke to said she was the person that originally quoted me, and basically told me I was misreading the quote, ???????!!!!!!, so I sent the quote back so she could look at it, she then said she apologised as she didnt make things clear in the email,
so the quote has definately changed from £365 original quote given on the phone to £420 sent in the email 10 mins after talking to her on the phone,
will we go with them now NO CHANCE, She also informed me the discount for being a club member is 4%, just incase anyone wants to know the discount
so now I,ve got to go check other insurance companies, the cover starts tomorrow,
why cant they tell you things right at the start, makes life a lot less stressful

Hello,

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with getting your Quote from us, If there is anything I can do to help please PM me your Name and Postcode and the best number to call you on and the best time as well.

Regards,
Dan.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 08:38 #7 

higgi21
I had exactly the same issue with Adrian Flux,the policy quote was perfectly acceptable but when the email came through there was an extra £15,for what,I don't know also when the quote arrived through the post and I read the breakdown of charges the interest charge was prohibitively excessive.I decided to go elsewhere and reduced the interest charge by more than 50%........ :gmc:
Best Regards Rob

Posted 21 Aug 2010, 19:09 #8 

starbug2
contact with dan good but the rest is not so . no phone calls from them to either no. i give them or messages. 1 letter in which a very nice price was quoted till the wife phoned them to be told the cost was a LOT MORE .i do not know why .... contacted Dan who said someone will call ..... still waiting . as hope to now be picking up the mg f on Saturday i aint waiting on them at the mo going with a local one doing fully comp for the price of the cheaper 3rd party fire and theft once we get the reg no. (AS WAS ON A PRIVATE PLATE)for the car - the 5th mgf we've looked at even getting power steering fitted inc in the price and a hard top ...... i'm sick of looking for insurances and not at this point looking here for mine as can not be bothered with them and the lack of them calling. oh hum

Posted 20 Oct 2010, 16:01 #9 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
starbug2 wrote:contact with dan good but the rest is not so . no phone calls from them to either no. i give them or messages. 1 letter in which a very nice price was quoted till the wife phoned them to be told the cost was a LOT MORE .i do not know why .... contacted Dan who said someone will call ..... still waiting . as hope to now be picking up the mg f on Saturday i aint waiting on them at the mo going with a local one doing fully comp for the price of the cheaper 3rd party fire and theft once we get the reg no. (AS WAS ON A PRIVATE PLATE)for the car - the 5th mgf we've looked at even getting power steering fitted inc in the price and a hard top ...... i'm sick of looking for insurances and not at this point looking here for mine as can not be bothered with them and the lack of them calling. oh hum

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you never recieved the callback. I was informed that a callback had been completed, So I shall be investigating that.

Dan.

Posted 22 Oct 2010, 08:14 #10 

starbug2
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
starbug2 wrote:contact with dan good but the rest is not so . no phone calls from them to either no. i give them or messages. 1 letter in which a very nice price was quoted till the wife phoned them to be told the cost was a LOT MORE .i do not know why .... contacted Dan who said someone will call ..... still waiting . as hope to now be picking up the mg f on Saturday i aint waiting on them at the mo going with a local one doing fully comp for the price of the cheaper 3rd party fire and theft once we get the reg no. (AS WAS ON A PRIVATE PLATE)for the car - the 5th mgf we've looked at even getting power steering fitted inc in the price and a hard top ...... i'm sick of looking for insurances and not at this point looking here for mine as can not be bothered with them and the lack of them calling. oh hum

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you never recieved the callback. I was informed that a callback had been completed, So I shall be investigating that.

Dan.
no messages on answer phone on either phone or any calls we know of since this was started from your selfs :mad1: well we pick up the car tomorrow so getting a bit late now :whump: a shame .....

Posted 22 Oct 2010, 18:36 #11 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
(Trader)
I'm sorry, I shall be making sure that improvements in communication are done.

regards,
Dan.

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 08:38 #12 

starbug2
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX wrote:I'm sorry, I shall be making sure that improvements in communication are done.

regards,
Dan.
mine is due in Feb not decided what I'm doing yet

Posted 25 Oct 2010, 19:42 #13