Why Is It.................... by DeuxGazoles

• Related topics: (no related topics)

DeuxGazoles
.......................you can have the sturdiest of plastic trays but as soon as you fill it with dirty engine oil it becomes as floppy as a sheet of newspaper?
What a bloody mess :em: :em:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 20:26 #1 

Cowley_MOA
DeuxGazoles wrote:.......................you can have the sturdiest of plastic trays but as soon as you fill it with dirty engine oil it becomes as floppy as a sheet of newspaper?
What a bloody mess :em: :em:

Same reason an inlet manifold manages to leak oil onto the one piece of my carpet not protected by a plastic sheet! :hissyfit:
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 08:52 #2 

takestock
Flippin heck, you park the car in the house !!!!!
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 09:11 #3 

raistlin
takestock wrote:Flippin heck, you park the car in the house !!!!!

Doesn't everybody? :gmc:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 09:31 #4 

James.uk
Aye up Colin lad whatcha done now?? :shock:

"Bloody mess" sounds like a good Laugh to me.. :P :D

It's brill when the edge bends down innit, that causes the oil to run toward that corner thus adding weight, that bends the tray even more, thus causing more oil to go that way, then it spills over the side in a lovely splosh, that lightens that corner so you over compensate and all the oil runs the other way in a small tidal wave, then it hits the opposite edge and --- Weell you know all this coz you have just played innit... lmho... :lol: :clap:

Lets all hope it was not indoors shall we...... ;) :lol:

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 18:41 #5 

DeuxGazoles
James.uk wrote:It's brill when the edge bends down innit, that causes the oil to run toward that corner thus adding weight, that bends the tray even more, thus causing more oil to go that way, then it spills over the side in a lovely splosh, that lightens that corner so you over compensate and all the oil runs the other way in a small tidal wave, then it hits the opposite edge and --- Weell you know all this coz you have just played innit... lmho... :lol: :clap:

You've got it to a tee :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 23 Feb 2011, 00:24 #6 

takestock
raistlin wrote:

Something i need to work on there then ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Feb 2011, 20:10 #7 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:

When we viewed our present house prior to buying, the then owner had been storing a complete Lotus Elan +2 in pieces in one of the rooms. 8-)
His wife had just left him. Don't know why I added that bit as it obviously isn't relevant. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Feb 2011, 22:18 #8 

PaulT
Bernard wrote:
raistlin wrote:

When we viewed our present house prior to buying, the then owner had been storing a complete Lotus Elan +2 in pieces in one of the rooms. 8-)
His wife had just left him. Don't know why I added that bit as it obviously isn't relevant. ;)

Going back to the mid 80s and I was involved in a Classic Car club. There was a trader who lived in a 'Park Home' at Boxhill and I would visit him to obtain spares for the club.

His bedroom did have a bed in it but the rest of the room was racked out with the spares on the shelves - I do not know how his wife put up with it.

Just remembered another incident with this chap. Classic Car show at the NEC and he had a stand in the autojumble. He had a wing for a Marina priced at £30. Some bloke tried haggling with him and it could not have been a very good day - he placed it on the floor, jumpred up and down on it and then folded it over, offered it to the chap saying 'here you can have this'.

He also sponsored the Bromley Pageant in its early days - chap was Les Pickett, be interested to know what happened to him.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 24 Feb 2011, 07:57 #9 

Dave Goody
When I was 17 I had a Triumph T90,we lived in a terrace house 3 steps up from the street, I couldnt get it up the path around the terrace to the back garden so would ride it up the steps through the front door and park it in the lounge! We had Lino in those days so the engine oil leak wasn't that important!

Posted 25 Feb 2011, 19:37 #10