whats for christmas dinner this year? by RRobson

RRobson
this year was a really tough desicion for us. after becoming slightly bored of what is essentially the american version of our traditional sunday lunch, with a few extra trimmings, we have opted for steak and chips this year :D
we were going to go to the local indian, but decidied on steak as we havent had it in a while :roll: (indian will be next year now)
mmm, 14oz of succulent sirloin :mrgreen:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 19:13 #1 

Dallas
Pretty much the same as any Sunday for us,
cant beat the good old Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding and lots of gravy and stuffing balls :D just add the xmas crackers and hats,

I cant wait! mmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMM! :cheers:

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 19:55 #2 

takestock
Yup I think we are going for the indian option, but it may be christmas day eve :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 20:03 #3 

JohnDotCom
I generally did that to Dave,
but couldn't always remember what I had, or my way home. :cheers:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 20:33 #4 

Tourerfogey
RRobson wrote:this year was a really tough desicion for us. after becoming slightly bored of what is essentially the american version of our traditional sunday lunch, with a few extra trimmings, we have opted for steak and chips this year :D
we were going to go to the local indian, but decidied on steak as we havent had it in a while :roll: (indian will be next year now)
mmm, 14oz of succulent sirloin :mrgreen:

Ditto

Will be doing the same as last year.

Christmas morning will be spent taking the dogs to Hamble Point for a brisk walk and some sea air (?) then back home for a mixed grill of steak, bacon, sausages. mushrooms, black pudding, egg etc. etc.

Boxing Day morning we'll be in Romsey for the annual Classic Car run.

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 22:33 #5 

Duncan
Off to buy a nice piece of pork later this morning.

Keeping it pretty traditional otherwise. You know parsnips, sprouts, raosties and so on. Will be doing yorkshire puds even though it's not beef.

Nice light starter melon and prosciutto ham.

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 08:00 #6 

PaulT
We shall be attending the 12:30 service - in the Indian.

This must be about the 5th year running - so so easy and always a great atmosphere in there.

Popped in to Tescos this morning at just after 06:00 to pick up some water for work. Normally, there are just a couple of shoppers. This morning hoards with trolleys piled high - WHY!
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 08:25 #7 

stevemac
Free range goose with all the trimmings for us.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 16:15 #8 

Bernard
stevemac wrote:Free range goose with all the trimmings for us.

Is it one of yours, Steve?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 19:26 #9 

stevemac
Bernard wrote:
stevemac wrote:Free range goose with all the trimmings for us.

Is it one of yours, Steve?

No Bernard, we haven't got geese. The six turkeys we tried to hatch, didn't. Better luck next year. SWMBO warned me off dispatching the duck so we bought a goose from a farm in Somerset.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 15:12 #10 

James.uk
Canada goose if I can catch one at the country park when no one's looking.. heh heh... :lol: :cheers:

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 16:29 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Just put my first attempt at a banana cake in the oven. That's Christmas pudding sorted. :)

It'll be roast chicken, spuds and other veg for tomorrows dinner.

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 19:16 #12