What no snow mode? by James.uk (Page 2 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Jürgen
geesmith wrote:Thanks Jürgen...good idea.. wasn't thinking at speed. :)

Thanks for the ü, Glynn. :)

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:29 #21 

Jürgen
James.uk wrote:Or-- Maybe we could stick it on the back like the old Wolsey's back in the 60's.. and maybe we could incorporate the old thread and have it with whitewalls? Watcha think? :confused:

Or like the old American cars ...
Let's put the wheel in the boot vertically, then readjust the shape of the boot lid. :stirer:

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:32 #22 

James.uk
Whoooops :em: :em: --- I seem to be hyjacking my own thread!! :shock: :roll:

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:37 #23 

geesmith
Meine Freude Jürgen. Schnappen Sie sich einen Skistock .... Like the old American cars it is then...

Hyjames, hyjack... whoops... errr ... sorry to hear about your snowflake not showing mate..

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:38 #24 

Jürgen
Yes. Now we're in trouble. :lol:

snowflake, noun, a flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry

edit: I've put the word snowflake in here, so it's on topic again. :D :D

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:39 #25 

geesmith
James, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to offer some help with your snow mode. Hope you get it fixed soon. :thumbsup:

Now, about this spare wheel. Vielleicht eine Halterung, wo die Kennzeichen und setzen Sie die Kennzeichen in der Mitte der Reserveradmulde .... mit oder ohne Weißwandreifen. Ich wünschte, er würde den Mund halten über die Schnee-Modus ......

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:48 #26 

Jürgen
geesmith wrote:Schnappen Sie sich einen Skistock ....

Grab a skiing stick? I would need some skiing lessons again ... :lol:

Got it (post #16) :mrgreen:

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:50 #27 

geesmith
Did you get post 26?

We are in such big trouble with James now......

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:58 #28 

Jürgen
geesmith wrote:Ich wünschte, er würde den Mund halten über die Schnee-Modus ......

:stirer: :mrgreen: :lol: :? :panic:

geesmith wrote:Did you get post 26?

We are in such big trouble with James now......

:scared: Yep, we're in real trouble now.
But with a little luck he'll overlook that part and we'll avoid the inevitable :whump:

This thread is about spare wheels, isn't it? ;)

Posted 04 Dec 2010, 12:22 #29 

James.uk
One can't avoid the inevitable, or it wouldn't be inevitable would it... :confused:

That being soooo ----> .. :whump: For Jürgen, and for Glynn. :whump:

:cheers: Cheers gentlemen... :lol:

Posted 04 Dec 2010, 12:45 #30 

geesmith
Thanks Jimbob, I can't imagine why anyone with whitewalls would want a snowflake on their spare boot?

While I was looking at my functioning snowflake symbol yesterday morning I was intrigued to see some numbers to the right of there that showed various values from -10.5C to -13C ....does anyone know what this means....it was too cold to get the handbook out and look it up.

:whump: BUMP...anyone know a quickfix for James.UK's non functioning snow mode please
:whump: BUMP....
:whump: BUMP.... (just trying to get those precarious icicles down) :twisted:

Posted 04 Dec 2010, 13:35 #31 

Duncan
Replacement switch? That is if fixing the existing one isn't quick enough.

You could also try a sunroof switch. I believe they are the same but for the symbols (but don't blame me if I've remembered that wrong as it was many years ago)

Maybe unplug the switch and try a paperclip?

Posted 04 Dec 2010, 14:26 #32 

James.uk
Thank you Duncan. :)

Right now it's too cold to mess about and so far *touches wood* I am managing very well without a working snow mode.. :shock:

Went to the Country park again, fed the birds, had coffee, walked the dog, and played "skid pans" on the mainly empty car park. I found the car to be fairly stable really? It never put a foot wrong unless I deliberately pushed my luck.. ;) , but, being a heavy car, once it breaks loose it takes some stopping! :shock:

I will take it in for my mechanic to look at asap as I also want 2 new front tyres.. Trouble is, he's very very busy right now, so I have to wait.. :roll:

Posted 04 Dec 2010, 21:01 #33