What is is about Luton and fraudulent criminals? by raistlin

raistlin
I guess most of you know who I'm talking about when I mention THE most fraudulent "Rover MG tuning merchant" ever. The one who promised all and delivered feck all. The one who is congenitally unable to tell the truth.

Based in Luton wasn't he? ;)

I've just bought (or thought I'd bought) a Vax carpet cleaner at a reasonable price. However, it turns out that "We have had a slight accident at our warehouse today and are unable to ship your item. However, we are confident that we can supply the item in the near future."

Searching, with hindsight, for the original company behind the eBay username via Trustpilot, amongst others, shows that precise excuse being used so many times that if it wasn't so dire it would be risible. Those are the least vitriolic of this firm's reviews as well. Some of their ridiculous lies and delaying tactics really do put one in mind of a certain individual.

OK, I'll get my money back from fleabay... eventually.

The company, you'll be unsurprised to learn, is based in Luton.

Does the local authority wherein Luton is situate provide an entrepreneurial start-up scheme for fraudsters and scam artists or something?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 Jul 2017, 18:35 #1 

Duncan
You might try VAX themselves as they are having a bit of a sale.

Posted 01 Aug 2017, 10:47 #2 

raistlin
Thanks Duncan :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Aug 2017, 15:15 #3 

Last edited by raistlin on 01 Aug 2017, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

PaulT
What always annoys me is the time taken to close down scam operations, if they do. Plus when one company is closed down they open another and just carry on most of the time.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Aug 2017, 17:18 #4