What do I do about this? by carlpenn

• Related topics: (no related topics)

carlpenn
I have posted on the Enthusiasts as well as here - Was investigating the Knocking noise I get, a loud clunky thud from the rear of the Car, whenever I go over Bumps. Whilst looking I found this:

Any ideas as what to do? It is a raised good 2 Inches at the highest point and the floor panel inside the car, I can get my fingers under the Sealant etc.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 24 Aug 2013, 20:12 #1 

raistlin
Should be no trouble to beat it out Carl but I'd suggest a suspension geometry check as well. No idea how it could be causing your noise though.

Did somebody drop it off a jack on to something?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 24 Aug 2013, 20:54 #2 

carlpenn
raistlin wrote:Should be no trouble to beat it out Carl but I'd suggest a suspension geometry check as well. No idea how it could be causing your noise though.

Did somebody drop it off a jack on to something?

I wish I knew Paul, Car has been in two garages since I bought it, though for front end work - So no reason for any lifting / supporting at the rear. I don't think it is that what is causing the noise, it is more likely the Exhaust bouncing and hitting the Body somewhere. That's what I was actually looking at when I found this lol.

Been a very long day, as I whipped out the entire interior trim too, Dashboard, Seats, Carpet and Centre Console and managed to put it all back, though I am suffering now and probably moreso in the morning lol. Changing the trim to the Black one I had in the Tourer as I prefer it, looked better with Walnut etc.

Put all the Dashboard assembly back and realised I forgot to route through all the Wiring for the dd bits, like the Antenna etc. Well annoyed :p

Hope you are keeping well :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 24 Aug 2013, 21:55 #3 

kandyman
What I would do is take it to your local body shop and let them look at it and get there expert option on how there think it happened and use there knowledge to find out the best way to fix it.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Posted 25 Aug 2013, 07:14 #4