What a cracker the Government has come up with by PaulT

PaulT
Yves pension is way below the threshold for paying tax and before the election the government came up with the ability to transfer £1060 to your spouse. You could register an interest but only today has she received an email telling her to apply - presumably held until after the election in case it was reversed.

First stage is to verify who you are and this is done via 4 companies. First was Experian - set up four securty questions a load of other things and eventually 'WE CANNOT VERIFY WHO YOU ARE'.

Second attempt via the Post Office. This time input Passport Details, Drivers Licence Detials and Bank Account Dtails. Failed on the Bank Account Details - do not know why as she has held it for many, many years so input an account she opened at the end of last year, a couple of other questions and verified.

What a palaver - so does that mean that Passorts and Driving Licences have not necessarily been issued to the actual people i.e. the names applied in not necessarily correct?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 Jun 2015, 19:14 #1 

raistlin
You actually expected it to work?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Jun 2015, 19:22 #2 

PaulT
Well, it did with the PO but not Experian. Find it strange that one organisation says she is who she is but another knows nothing about her.

And yes, Government IT initiatives. Seen so much money wasted in the NHS on systems that do not work. Some whereby private companies fail to deliver or even NHS in-house projects whereby those in ivory towers deem they know more than those at the coal face and spend thousands developing a system that then is not usable.

What reakky annoys me is that companies take on work, are paid millions then decide they cannot make something work and then walk away - they have quoted and accepted the work SO DELIVER.
Paul

Posted 02 Jun 2015, 19:53 #3 

Borg Warner
That's interesting am I able to transfer any of my allowance as San doesn't work?

As a side issue, San was recently diagnosed with cancer, she's not claiming her pension yet as she's only 51. We enquired with her pension provider as to whether she can take her pension early. Reply was vague to say the least, but it appears she has to be terminal which she's not thankfully, so we need to clarify with them on this. However they seem to say that none of their products can be taken under the recent pension changes implemented by the government; where you can take the lot and buy a Maserati? Surely a money purchase pension is a money purchase pension.

Gary M.

Posted 02 Jun 2015, 20:47 #4 

PaulT
Gary, if her income is below the current tax free amount which is £10,600 I think then she should be able to transfer £1,060 of her allowance to you:

https://www.gov.uk/married-couples-allo ... nformation

As to taking the money out of a pension was there not a lower age limit?
Paul

Posted 03 Jun 2015, 07:41 #5 

Borg Warner
Thanks for that Paul. Sorry I mean two points; first was about her taking her pension because of her cancer, not age. The second point is as people can now take their pension pot at 55, subject to tax over the 25% and do what they want with it. The Pru reckon none of their products fit the criteria? We need to speak them, if we can get through their firewall of a press 1, press 2... press 355????

Gary M.

Posted 03 Jun 2015, 17:22 #6