Welcome to the New Look of the Community! by SpongeBob (Page 3 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:Any chance of a legend for the blue (sometimes grey) circle to the left of the post title please :D

Image Announcement

Image Direct Hotlink

Image Unread Topic or Posts

Image Locked Forum or Topic Read Only

Image Sticky

Image No Unread Topics or Posts

Image Hot Topic no New Posts

Image Hot Topic with New Posts

Image Forum With Sub Forums and no New Posts or Threads

You can also get information by hovering over each icon.

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 22:00 #41 

Tootall
Mick wrote:
takestock wrote:Any chance of a legend for the blue (sometimes grey) circle to the left of the post title please :D

Image Announcement

Image Direct Hotlink

Image Unread Topic or Posts

Image Locked Forum or Topic Read Only

Image Sticky

Image No Unread Topics or Posts

Image Hot Topic no New Posts

Image Hot Topic with New Posts

Image Forum With Sub Forums and no New Posts or Threads

You can also get information by hovering over each icon.

You can only see the information on the home page - if you click on "New posts" and then hover over the icons no info is displayed.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 17:39 #42 

Jürgen
I liked the new look and feel right from the beginning, but it lasted a bit to get used to the new layout.

One big advantage is the menu bar, which is accessible wherever you are. No need to get back to the top of the page anymore, in order to look for new posts or so. :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 14:59 #43 

SpongeBob
Update on some of the minor issues affecting some members:

We have taken note of a few of the queries and issues some were having with a few aspects of the new style. We have taken steps to amend these issues and hopefully as everyone tries to break things and gets on with using the board we'll iron out any final wrinkles! :)

Bug Fixes
  • Removed faulty collapsible 'Information box' from footer of some pages. The information is still there but the collapsible box was not staying 'open' or 'closed' as it should have done.
  • Fix in place for 'bottomless pit' syndrome. See here: viewtopic.php?=2&t=890
  • We're working on making the sidebar move smoothly no matter what computer you use or what browser you use. This actually is more complicated that it might sound. So please bear with us until we crack this and a) get it to work to perfection b) get it working consistently to that standard in any browser on any computer
  • Fixed the per-page text size button. Some users noticed the button in the bottom right of each page that changed the size of the text for that page didn't work. This issue has now been resolved.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 20:15 #44 

raistlin
I'm finding the new layout more and more acceptable, I have to say, and that's down to Simon taking note of user comments :D What a refreshing change from elsewhere :D

Cheers Simon.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:01 #45 

JohnDotCom
All comments by members are taken on board, but of course may take some time to find a workaround,
but we are getting there. :ugeek:
Thanks everyone for your continued support while we iron out the few bugs. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 21:15 #46 

SpongeBob
New feature!

You'll notice that links to eBay and to YouTube are automagically made into mini-snippets either of the advert or of the video. Just copy-and-paste or type in the link in your post as per normal when writing it and the software will take care of the rest. Your post remains unaltered so even if you go back to edit it, everything will be as you wrote it ;)

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 21:30 #47 

SpongeBob
Even more new features!

Now all your common abbreviations are translated into English. See this thread for more details: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=953

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 23:41 #48