Wanted, immobilizer module bracket, 75 CDTi 2003/4 by Roverite

Roverite
I have a pre facelift 75 CDTi, and when The_Monk did a new key/plip for me recently, he found the mounting bracket for the immobilizer, under the driver's side dash area, was missing. I can't find it listed with Rimmers and wondered if anyone had a spare. I am told it is a metal, rectangular shaped bracket, with two 5 star fixing screws and a protrusion that covers the plug-in connectors.
Can anyone help please. If they are metric, I can use ordinary screws/bolts. The BCU (Body Control Unit) on the passenger's side is also not secured and is wedged up behind the fuse box, but I understand it doesn't have a fixing bracket and is fixed by two screws/bolts through lugs on the casing.
Cheers, Roverite.

Posted 18 Dec 2012, 15:14 #1 

ceedy
My Cruise ECu has been stuck on with Foam pads for 4 years now.. maybe you can do the same with the EWS (Engine immobiliser (EWS from the German, Elektronik WegfahrSicherung)) ?
PS. My EWS is dangling at the moment ( well last 3 weeks) waiting for xmas post to settle before going off to Dave (Monk) .. for key action.

C.
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 10:13 #2 

Roverite
Thanks 'ceedy'; that is a good idea if a proper retaining strap doesn't turn up. I will probably use '3Ms' self adhesive velcro strips and then I can remove/replace it easily.

Thanks for the reply.
Regards, Roverite.

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 10:28 #3 

Duncan
You know, I might just have one in the garage. I'll have a look if I get in there soon!

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 13:56 #4 

ceedy
Roverite wrote:Thanks 'ceedy'; that is a good idea if a proper retaining strap doesn't turn up. I will probably use '3Ms' self adhesive velcro strips and then I can remove/replace it easily.

Thanks for the reply.
Regards, Roverite.

Might have been more important to bolt it on a few years back ..for security .. when our cars were worth nicking.. ;) , but not so important now they a worth only a few pence ! :-D :-D

C.. :gmc:
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 20 Dec 2012, 15:06 #5 

Roverite
Duncan, I don't know what has happened, but I did post a reply, however it seems to have disapeared; maybe something to do with the loss of some club posts recently. Anyway, what I said was, thanks very much and if you do find the bracket, I will be pleased to buy it from you. There is no hurry and I may be able to collect it at Cosford, or an earlier Nano meet, both of which I intend to make in 2013.
Thanks again and please let me know if you come accross it. Apologies if you did see my earlier post!

Regards, Roverite.

Posted 22 Dec 2012, 13:43 #6 

Suffolk Man
part number ywu 100270 £2.34 inc vat from rimmers

Posted 29 Dec 2012, 14:19 #7 

Roverite
Thanks Suffolk Man; I couldn't determine that from their Parts List, so I will have another look and place an order. That's what is so good about owning a 75 and belonging to a club, there is always somebody that has the answer.

Thanks again, Roverite.

PS the part number is YWU 100720, for future reference.

Posted 30 Dec 2012, 11:51 #8 

Duncan
Well I checked my boxes today and no sign of it. Sorry I coudn't help. It might still turn up though, just don't know when!

Posted 01 Jan 2013, 11:46 #9 

Roverite
Thanks for looking Duncan. Don't worry, because Suffolk Man has given me the details for Rimmers and it is only £2.34 incl VAT!
Happy New Year, Roverite.

PS. ordered and on its way from Rimmers.

Posted 01 Jan 2013, 15:24 #10 

Duncan
Well, turned up in my box of metal to weigh in. So it's rescued, and yours.

Posted 15 Feb 2013, 14:45 #11