VIS ???? by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
Is it possible to fit a new power VIS (Variable Intake System) motor incorrectly? Namely that the armature is not engaged with the butterfly connector rods? Reason I ask is that I have a god-awful rhythmic ticking now that wasn't there before! Ta!

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 17:13 #1 

takestock
Yup :D

To fit the Power VIS:
Ensure the brown arm in the manifold is as far across to the drivers side as possible. this will line the slot up with the peg on the VIS. Nice and easy just to drop the VIS. in and screw down. :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 17:23 #2 

Zeb
takestock wrote:Yup :D

To fit the Power VIS:
Ensure the brown arm in the manifold is as far across to the drivers side as possible. this will line the slot up with the peg on the VIS. Nice and easy just to drop the VIS. in and screw down. :)

Think I'd best try that again after me tea then.... :em:

Still....the clutch works now!

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 17:32 #3 

Martin
Zeb wrote:
takestock wrote:Yup :D

To fit the Power VIS:

Think I'd best try that again after me tea then.... :em:

Still....the clutch works now!

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Time for a :cheers: and a pot of refreshing :o
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 17:55 #4 

Zeb
Yogurt perchance? :D

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 18:19 #5 

Martin
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 18:31 #6 

Zeb
Well....my problem is that the actuator arms keep slipping back towards the passenger side...so until I can get the car lowered on the driver's side I can't fix it....tried with me lil bit of stiff wire...offered her yogurt but no, she aint playing....

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 18:36 #7 

Martin
Look I have found that some need to be teased first so just act as though it dos'nt mean anything and then BANG they will soon want it you see :o :mrgreen:

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 18:40 #8 

takestock
Zeb wrote:Well....my problem is that the actuator arms keep slipping back towards the passenger side...so until I can get the car lowered on the driver's side I can't fix it....tried with me lil bit of stiff wire...offered her yogurt but no, she aint playing....

Well, at least you know what the dreaded manifold rattle sounds like now :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 18:55 #9 

Zeb
takestock wrote:
Zeb wrote:Well....my problem is that the actuator arms keep slipping back towards the passenger side...so until I can get the car lowered on the driver's side I can't fix it....tried with me lil bit of stiff wire...offered her yogurt but no, she aint playing....

Well, at least you know what the dreaded manifold rattle sounds like now :)

Hmmm...it would appear not! Managed to get the VIS actuator arms in the right place and on.. :thumbsup:

But the loud ticking continued.. :mad1:

Turns out to be the fact that a) the car has stood for best part of 8 weeks...
b) the car has been at an uphill angle for two / three weeks (I forget when I
started this now!)

Soooo....once the oil had warmed up the ticking went away....front camshaft methinks.....hope it hasn't done too much damage.... :shock: :? :confused:

Just the front disks, pads and wheels to go back on now and she is done! :cheers:

And no yogurt was required...so more for me... :thumbsup:

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 19:06 #10 

Bernard
Are the LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) bits back on OK?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 20:22 #11 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:Are the LPG bits back on OK?

I only had to disconnect one pipe...where the gas filter used to be... so yes, all back where it should be...only one scare...the gearbox scraped up the protective rubber coating on the copper gas feed pipe in two places.....but the pipe itself appears to be ok....I have repaired it with insulating tape so fingers crossed... :? :D

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 20:24 #12 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:

I only had to disconnect one pipe...where the gas filter used to be... so yes, all back where it should be...only one scare...the gearbox scraped up the protective rubber coating on the copper gas feed pipe in two places.....but the pipe itself appears to be ok....I have repaired it with insulating tape so fingers crossed... :? :D

It will be fine if the copper has no sharp scratches that could lead to fracture.

The insulating tape wouldn't retain the gas very well. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 20:35 #13 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:
Zeb wrote:

It will be fine if the copper has no sharp scratches that could lead to fracture.

The insulating tape wouldn't retain the gas very well. ;)

That's what I thought! No scratches..more indentations... :?

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 21:49 #14