2003 MGZT+ 180 BHP AUTOMATIC 79000 MILES by Dallas

Dallas
TyphoonTT
Shame to see one heading for breaking again. Engine work on the V6's is normally far to costly to justify now.

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 11:59 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If only I had somewhere to keep it, a perfect set of spares for my car. Unusual to have an engine fail on one of these, it's really difficult to knock the bollocks out of an automatic, at such relatively low mileage.

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 12:24 #3 

JakeWilson
'nother one here for sale at daft money: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 13:56 #4 

PaulT
Perhaps we are too involved with the cars:

In the case of the car mentioned by Dallas it is 8 years old and Jakes one is 10 year old.

Perhaps to most they are just an old banger with a dodgy engine.

Paul

I do love the cars but do we have an inflated view of their value and hence overpay for them.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 19:20 #5 

Dallas
PaulT wrote:Perhaps we are too involved with the cars:

In the case of the car mentioned by Dallas it is 8 years old and Jakes one is 10 year old.

Perhaps to most they are just an old banger with a dodgy engine.

Paul

I do love the cars but do we have an inflated view of their value and hence overpay for them.

Hey! Paul I think you are correct in what you say :thumbsup:

.................. but these cars are just so smooth and classy and honestly look so beautiful, winning the most Beautiful car award back in 1999 just deserves a long loyal following........ (has another car ever come even close) ........ naaaa!

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 21:43 #6 

bertie
I've got to agree with Dallas, they are such a superb and elegant looking car. I've had mine for 6 weeks and think that it looks like a beautiful piece of art. I could have spent a lot more or brought something new..............but this was the car that I wanted.
Hang on to it for 50 years and the prices will be appreciating!!!

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 09:04 #7 

Dallas
Hey fellas! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230695332961?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D230695332961%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Price is lowered :-o its got to be worth the price just for the wheels and tyres. Then theirs the Bumper, Grill, Lights, Seats, Dash, Door Cards etc etc etc..........

I would like that bumper on my wedgy......... and those wheels.... :thumbsup:

Posted 02 Nov 2011, 22:39 #8 

MN190
JakeWilson wrote:'nother one here for sale at daft money: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

You would get nearly that price from the scrapyard for the car regardless of complete or not.
If it had any extras on it and you was nearby it would be worth buying for them on its own.

Posted 03 Nov 2011, 01:16 #9 

MN190
Mick wrote:If only I had somewhere to keep it, a perfect set of spares for my car. Unusual to have an engine fail on one of these, it's really difficult to knock the bollocks out of an automatic, at such relatively low mileage.

It may be unusual but having had it happen at about half the mileage of this with full main dealer servicing as per servicing schedule and everything fixed when it was needed it is costly to fix and more common than it should have been on the V6.
Had other cars bought very cheaply, that have had the bollocks thrashed out of them, no real servicing and still going strong a lot longer than this.

Posted 03 Nov 2011, 01:25 #10 

Zeb
You only have to start adding it up in terms of somebody repairing it. £450 for the car £100 to get it to home, £400 for another engine, £200 for two new tyres, £50 for the MOT assuming no work and then £143 for 6 months tax.. and you soon realise you can buy a good 'un for the same money and not have the hassle....reckon she will be broken...

Posted 03 Nov 2011, 08:01 #11