Vehicle modifications by PaulT

PaulT
This is on BBC News:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south- ... s-31064998

Note that they are saying an additional cigarette lighter should be declared as a modification.

And when is a modification not a modification? Would optional extras be modifications or just part of the specification.

Plus stickers - presumably, this would include a GB sticker, 'I love Whitby', 'Help for Heroes' etc.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Feb 2015, 09:41 #1 

Duncan
Yes, as I've said before, factory fitted options are modifications according to many insurers. Admiral for one. That's why I moved insurers.

Posted 01 Feb 2015, 10:04 #2 

raistlin
Doesn't this amply demonstrate the "catchpenny" attitude of insurance providers? I imagine that for a further premium the dear old vicar would be covered, after all, stickers are a notorious cause of accidents, aren't they?

We are required to hold insurance to the RTA standard as a minimum by law, which leaves us somewhat exposed to the cynical piracy of the industry.

Unfortunately, it isn't just the insurance industry though :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Feb 2015, 10:10 #3 

Duncan
I'm not sure, Paul. While I was still with Admiral, I found out about this, and declared all of the factory options on my Skoda. It didn't change the premium. However, they did record them incorrectly or not at all. When I complained that they hadn't recorded the items I declared, they told me their system wasn't capable of recording some of them. I did ask, how I would fare if then they claimed I hadn't declared something, because either they couldn't or didn't record it properly. You can imagine the answer was not one I agreed with!

Posted 01 Feb 2015, 10:20 #4