un freakin-believable !! by carlpenn

• Related topics: (no related topics)

carlpenn
Just come home from work to find that the National Grid are replacing Gas Mains on our street.

Not a problem, I knew they where coming, but...........

They have dug up one side of the street, then put Barriers up around the holes, obstructing at least 20 Driveways, leaving people with Cars stuck on their Drives and some People unable to park their Cars on their drives etc.

I called National Grid, who where so helpful - Not -

"Sorry we cannot do anything until Tuesday now, But we can raise an Enquiry, but again, nothing can happen till Tuesday"

We live on a Bus route, with nowhere to park at all due to there being no Car Parks and living in an area which is heavily populated by car owners and Driveways limiting safe parking.

And this is going on for 6 to 8 weeks........Better stock up on my Valium :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 04 May 2012, 17:18 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Next the bin men won't come because the street is now too narrow.
That's what happened where I used to live in London. That was about six weeks, strangely the recycling truck (same size as dust cart) managed without a problem.

Posted 04 May 2012, 17:25 #2 

carlpenn
Mick wrote:Next the bin men won't come because the street is now too narrow.
That's what happened where I used to live in London. That was about six weeks, strangely the recycling truck (same size as dust cart) managed without a problem.

Exactly. There is only room enough for one car thanks to the silly "Fart and fall over" barriers, which, if we have any hard winds over the next few days will end up scattered all over the Street.

I was promised a Call Back from National grid, within 30 Minutes and guess what? Nothing. Why should they care, after all its a Bank Holiday weekend, they have more important things to care about.

My favourite comment was "If you are a Blue Badge holder, we can send someone out to give you access to your Drive"

Now, unless I am being petty, Isnt that Discrimination against non blue badge holders? After all, Equal rights means everyone gets the same treatment? :p lol :p
Upgrades:

Posted 04 May 2012, 17:37 #3 

PaulT
Call the Police and claim obstruction to your drive. Contact the Local Authority due to the obstruction. How about the local paper sure they would like the story.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 May 2012, 17:51 #4 

Jürgen
That's just unbelievable arrogance.

Mick wrote:Next the bin men won't come because the street is now too narrow.

Due to different health and safety managers on duty, I suppose ...

Posted 04 May 2012, 18:32 #5 

carlpenn
Got a call back and they have said they will "try" to get someone out to put a plate down.

So hopefully jobs sorted. For me at least. I did note on my way out earlier the other houses are not as obstructed as mine, so access is available to their Drives, though its a squeeze for most.
Upgrades:

Posted 04 May 2012, 18:40 #6 

Borg Warner
I'm pretty certain they cannot deny you access to your property under the NRSWA Act, but it's been a while since I dug the road up. Driveways should be plated and access permitted. Keep calling the number on the barriers etc. until they come out. Tell them you will phone the Express & Star. Just because it's a bank holiday is no excuse, in fact they should not be undertaking such work this close to the bank holiday if the project manager had anything about them.

Posted 04 May 2012, 21:27 #7 

Tourerfogey
Phone them back, tell them YOU HAVE a blue badge, limp when they arrive.

Simples.

Posted 04 May 2012, 21:46 #8 

carlpenn
Thx Guys. Will call again this morning. We have a direct number now for the sub division of National Grid so have been chatting to them. Hopefully get sorted.
Upgrades:

Posted 05 May 2012, 07:06 #9