Translate from German by Bernard

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bernard
I'm having trouble with this sentence that has been translated originally from Czech.
" Wir kleben die gebildete Decke mit der Fickengelege. "

Even I know enough German to know that the last word looks a bit dodgy. I think something has been lost in translation.
Hopefully Jürgen is around somewhere.

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 13:58 #1 

Duncan
A wooden shed with a ramp, eh?

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 18:29 #2 

Duncan
I think the first part of that word should probably be fichten which is spruce. So my guess is 'we glue the assembled roof to the spruce panels'.

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 18:35 #3 

Bernard
That sort of makes sense. Thanks Duncan - and yes, a shed with a ramp. ;)

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 18:59 #4 

Duncan
It should give Jürgen a laugh though.

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 19:13 #5 

Bernard
Do you think that I should tell the Czech guy what he has got written there? I think that a friend translated it for him and he possibly is having a laugh.

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 19:28 #6 

Duncan
Up to you. But I'm pretty sure it's what you think it is!

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 19:34 #7 

PaulT
Monty Python did a sketch based on an alternative translation book
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 20:00 #8 

Jürgen
That sentence doesn't make sense and the last word isn't even a word, as you were assuming quite rightly Bernard. Well, let's see what we can achieve by distilling that conglomerate step by step ...

Assuming the used verb is correct, then it's about "we glue something onto something". Therefore it could be about a prepared ceiling, blanket or cover, which should be glued onto something else. Using some kind of wood does make sense in the context of a shed. So I agree with Duncan and go for spruce wood. Maybe the last "word" has been intended to describe some laid out wood.

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 00:14 #9 

Bernard
:gmc:
Jürgen wrote: Maybe the last "word" has been intended to describe some laid out wood.

Certainly would get "laid" according to Google translate. :gmc:

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 07:03 #10 

Duncan

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 16:24 #11 

Bernard
A print-out of that pdf came with the kit and is obviously a poor translation of the original Czech. Unfortunately the original Czech pdf will not cut and paste into Google translate for some reason so I could not get a direct translation into English.
However the kit of parts is relatively self explanatory, only the assembly of the sliding doors have given me trouble to work out and I now have it almost finished.
It is fairly small, being in H0 scale rather than the British 00. He seems to produce a good quality product for models of the Czechoslovakian era, which I am modelling, understandably there being nothing over here.
Well, it keeps me in the warm instead of getting cold messing about with cars.

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 16:55 #12