Tourer Rear Light by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Does anyone know what is the best solution for a spinning bolt that secures the rear light cluster?

Thanks

Mike

Posted 15 Oct 2021, 12:47 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mike ultimately it is best to remove them, by knocking them through, and replacing them with plastic rawlplugs or the black locking nuts on the sound proofing on a diesel bulk head lining.

In the mean time you could counter punch the lip north south east & west to stop it spinning, but it is quite hard to get the punch in the right place.

tourer-rear-light-securing-bracket-mod-t6892.html?hilit=tourer%20rear%20light%20fixing#p64676

I have seen those fixing kits from ebay at the Nano a few times now and they fail to work, as already said the white clips are brittle, and the metal fixing will not tighten up enough they also pull through.

But these work a treat thank you (Mickyboy) once you have the old spinning fixing removed pop one of these in and then use a normal bolt or self taper it will spread open the three lugs.

These are used on the sound proofing on the fire wall of the diesel

Image1

cut out the joining centre of the three lugs with a Stanley knife.
Image2

Image3

Once the little piece as been cut out they are ready to push into the hole that as been left after removing the old spinning fixing.

Image4

Image5

When the three points open up using a 5mm or 6mm bolts they will grip & dig into to the metal body of the hole, tried and tested at last nano ;)

You can see from these photo's I have used differing fixing bolts, number plate plastic bolts fit great too, all are 6mm
Image6

Image7

Image8

Image9

Image10

Image11

Image12

Another tip with the white clips is to drill the holes a little so it not to tight, 5mm i think but double check, add a little grease to the ball on the light.
Image13

Not forgetting to repair the lugs on the lights also with a metal bracket.
Image14

Image15

Image16
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Oct 2021, 08:38 #2 

Bermudan 75
Thanks Steve,

That will help a great deal in reducing the outstanding jobs before my Tourer is back on the road in late Spring next year
Did a pig of a job yesterday, replaced the fuel flap locking solenoid.

Mike

Posted 16 Oct 2021, 09:11 #3 

Jürgen
As always excellent advice, Steve. Thanks!

Posted 16 Oct 2021, 10:11 #4 

Bermudan 75
If Steve was to put all of his 'How To Guides' into a book he would easily out sell Haynes.

Posted 16 Oct 2021, 13:27 #5