Think you have a fast car? by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 16:26 #1 

Zeb
Norra car though is it? The wheels are not directly driven by an engine. No clutch, no gearbox...it is just a bleedin' big firework on wheels that is... :lol:

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 16:55 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Yup. :D :D :D

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 17:01 #3 

Zeb
AND I BET it is utter CRAP round the corners..... :D

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 17:11 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Three point turns might be a problem too. :D
And stop shouting, you'll make yourself all out of breath. :lol:

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 17:13 #5 

Duncan
Only to play with, not actually mine.....

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 19:01 #6 

JohnDotCom
1000mph might be fast enough to go to the takeaway but will it have enough fuel to get there?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 22:19 #7 

JakeWilson
The engineers down here are involved with the project - I'll find out how many pies can be fitted in the boot!

Posted 08 Feb 2011, 02:13 #8 

starbug2
JakeWilson wrote:The engineers down here are involved with the project - I'll find out how many pies can be fitted in the boot!

Mmmmmm pies

Posted 08 Feb 2011, 18:44 #9 

SpongeBob
My favourite passage is this:
Bloodhound's Falcon rocket will be the biggest hybrid (solid fuel propellant, liquid oxidiser) booster ever produced in the UK. Such is its scale, it will need a Formula One engine supplied by the legendary Cosworth group just to pump the oxidiser through the motor.

That appeals to my inner-geek and "how much oxidiser can you use in one minute" sort of giggly-nerdy-question type of face :lol: :lol: :gmc:

Posted 08 Feb 2011, 19:22 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
At last someone with a relevant comment. I think this is just quite fantastic and so typical of Great British attempts at world speed records. Wonderful stuff.

Posted 08 Feb 2011, 19:48 #11