think i might get banned or leave the other side!!! by payner75t (Page 5 of 7)

Duncan
zojosc wrote:
I am 57years of age and the years are numbered, I have aches and pains in ever part of my body and all I want out of life now is the basics of a smile, laugh and human contact with my fellow man before the lid is screwed down.

What the hell is this chidish bickering achieving may I ask?

I agree, although not about the 57 years in my case. I personally don't give a fig about the old place anymore. I've moved on quite literally, and want to help to make this a succesful place as it's so much nicer.

The only thing I have to admit, is the troll baiting is making me laugh. I know it shouldn't but hey.

Footnote (I didn't remove any of your original post because I didn't agree, only that I wanted to emphasise this bit)

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:01 #81 

mach1rob
Good evening Gents, some may well remember me, but after being asked to remind a few people on the other side about matters being swept under the carpet I fear my password isn't recognised anymore, and seeing as it would only be one of a handful I can't see why. I did request a new password using the facilty to do so, but that doesn't recognise ANY of my emails and seeing as I only use one for all the forums I frequent I find that most odd.

I can only assume that an administrator of that site has changed both my password and email address in the settings. Most underhand and diabolical I feel, and I wonder if it's something to do with not belonging to the right 'party'??

CLUB

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:06 #82 

the_doctor
Mick wrote:
the_doctor wrote:what bargains do you want

A cheap laptop perhaps?

a laptop, no can get you cheap chicken feed, am in agro feed

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:19 #83 

Rammie
Welcome along, nice to see you found us! ;)
Brian

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:25 #84 

raistlin
mach1 WHO?

Hi ROb. Welcome :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:28 #85 

Mick
(Site Admin)
the_doctor wrote:
Mick wrote:

A cheap laptop perhaps?

You asked earlier. what is an internet troll, well as if you did't already know i thought I'd better furnish you with the information.

Bless your pointy little head. :scared:

The term 'Internet troll', originated in a comparison with the angler who 'trolled' a trailing bait to catch a fish. But for non-anglers, the mental image of a troll is the slabby, thick, moss-laded creature of Scandinavian folk lore, further popularised by Terry Pratchett in the Discworld novels, and J. K. Rowling in the Harry Potter books. This sad figure of fun lived under bridges and startles the unwary, but is easily outsmarted by anyone with any intelligence, or a small dog.

The truth is somewhere between the two.

Habitat

The Internet doesn't have ancient slimey stone bridges, but trolls lurk around in quiet corners of the internet; while they can pop up almost anywhere, they thrive in distant relatively uninhabited corners.

Social Interaction

Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship. Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.

If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends' (who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.

If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.

Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.

Sex Life

Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.

The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.

There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.

This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.

Mental Health

It would be easy to dismiss trolls as mentally ill. Easy and wrong. Most would not score significantly on mental illness assessments. But most are simply immature. Fair enough in a teenager, and they have a chance of growing out of it (though the longer they leave it, the harder they may find it to break the habit). But in adults, it's simply sad.

Once upon a time, they would have been called 'inadequate psychopaths'; attention seeking loners, forever feeling sorry for themselves, but too bone idle to lift themselves out of their self-selected mire. Some live in a fantasy world, and find it hard to concentrate on real life; they can't make eye contact, and will say just about anything, frequently contradicting a previous statement.

Intelligence

Most trolls are pretty thick. Let's face it, it doesn't take much intelligence to sus out that the troll life is a pretty pathetic one, and given the choice, even a gerbil would choose a more rewarding lifestyle.

Technique

You don't have to be highly intelligent to be an angler, though some would say that it's difficult to be a successful angler without intelligence. Trolls have all the basic skills, and some are successful, though this is often due to negligence by their victims.

Bait

Trolls lay a variety of baits. The real idiots go for single lines, such as religious bigotry in religious groups, overt misogynism in nurses' groups, and mind blowing subtly, such as "BILL GATES SUCKS" in microsoft support groups. Darwin tells us that if they get a response at that level, then why would they bother to expend what little brain power they have on a better post?

If basic bait fails, then the troll may use a variety of techniques, from sheer twaddle to mild insults, from a controversial view to completely irrelevant questions. Anything to get a response. The human flaw in a troll is a failure to tell the difference between "any response" and "approval". So insulting them merely encourages them. Invariably.

Playing the Fish

The skilled troll will then focus on a key responder; possibly the rudest, possibly not - but the one the troll thinks is most likley to keep responding. At this stage, other responders may be ignored. But if the original target drops out, then troll may turn to others. Few trolls bother to play more than one sucker at a time. They can always come back later.

Tickling the Trout

Experienced trolls do not respond at random. Once they have a sucker in their sites, they control the conversation. One post may elicit a long, detailed and perfectly reasonable response, but that is not what the troll wants. So they'll often complete ignore the main argument (which they started!), and focus on one careless detail - a date wrong, a misspelling for their next attack. And then the same trick again. And again, so long as the sucker responds.

Explosives

When all else fails, the troll will do just what lazy anglers do: they'll drop explosives in the water, clean up and go home. The failed troll can be very abusive indeed.

Weaknesses

Trolls have no life, no power; but by manipulating others, even if for just a couple of exchanges, they have control.

If they can catch an acknowledged expert, so much the better for them.

There's no need ever to get caught by a troll, though it is amusing to see Mensa members frothing at the mouth.

Exploit their weaknesses, as they'd exploit yours.

Attention Need

Trolls are nothing without attention, just a monster under the bed. While the first post may be camoflaged, it really doesn't take rocket science to identify an active troll. The best response from fellow members of the group is simply to ignore it. And the best response from moderators is to delete their membership; quickly and cleanly, with no negotiation or second chance. The group is more important than one idiot.

Socially Inept

Trolls have no self respect and low self esteem, and cannot cope with normal human interaction; start with a bit of flattery, and they may be stuck for a response. Even if they recover, they will not able to react appropriately, which should convince everyone of their trollism.

Trolls focus on their target, not the issue; additonally, most trolls can only pick on one person at a time. This leaves them wide open to paralysis when you talk about them, but not to them.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:37 #86 

PaulT
andycolm wrote:
Mick wrote:Thank you for your Post Mr Bacon.
It is patently obvious that your grasp of the situation you find yourself in regarding the owners club forum is not at all what you think it is, your allegations are akin to those of a drowning man flailing around in the dark in an attempt to find something solid to grasp onto. You have in this instance failed abysmally.
If you wish to post on this forum again you will first have to ask my permission and I will require a copy of your intended post beforehand.

See, i disagree with that last line Mick. I dislike censorship on forums at the best of times, by all means Bots and advertising spam posts should be removed along with really nasty stuff, but he has a point to put across, it may be wrong, but the discussion should be allowed if it can be kept without going deeply insulting and personal to participants and other members. After all, censorship and lack of freedom is an accusation that many have leveled at the other forum too...
Let them dig their own hole, and enjoy the freedom :D (Please dont ban me) :rolling:

I agee and in fact sent Mick a PM just after he posted it. I was not going to post publicly but as one has now have.

Sorry, but I think this has resorted to the tactics of the other side - banning and deleting posts.

The Directors of the other side have brought this on themsleves - up the subs and get nothing but promises. The 'intereting thread' on the other side has not had a whiff of one of the Directors.

I have just asked Yve to knit a few things for our troll - what colours should he be in
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:43 #87 

Mick
(Site Admin)
PaulT wrote:
andycolm wrote:
Mick wrote:Thank you for your Post Mr Bacon.
It is patently obvious that your grasp of the situation you find yourself in regarding the owners club forum is not at all what you think it is, your allegations are akin to those of a drowning man flailing around in the dark in an attempt to find something solid to grasp onto. You have in this instance failed abysmally.
If you wish to post on this forum again you will first have to ask my permission and I will require a copy of your intended post beforehand.

See, i disagree with that last line Mick. I dislike censorship on forums at the best of times, by all means Bots and advertising spam posts should be removed along with really nasty stuff, but he has a point to put across, it may be wrong, but the discussion should be allowed if it can be kept without going deeply insulting and personal to participants and other members. After all, censorship and lack of freedom is an accusation that many have leveled at the other forum too...
Let them dig their own hole, and enjoy the freedom :D (Please dont ban me) :rolling:

I agee and in fact sent Mick a PM just after he posted it. I was not going to post publicly but as one has now have.

Sorry, but I think this has resorted to the tactics of the other side - banning and deleting posts.

It seems there is a misunderstanding here.

Bacon Bonce has not been banned or his account deleted, I have simply deactivated it. He can through negotiation have it reactivated but that would require a great deal of grovelling. He has on one occasion demanded his account be deleted, which I refused to do. He has also at the end of this last diatribe said that he will not post here again. So if there is actually any censorship here it is self censorship.
I could go on about the futility of posting such drivel but that would indeed lower the tone. Best Mr. Bonce spends his time bullying others and diminishing himself on his own forum.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:57 #88 

raistlin
Mick wrote: diatribe

Diatribe. Wonderful word that is Mick :D Is it copyright or can I use it please ? :gmc:
Paul

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:05 #89 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:
Mick wrote: diatribe

Diatribe. Wonderful word that is Mick :D Is it copyright or can I use it please ? :gmc:

Be my guest as you ask so nicely. :) I have others as well, however, being a well used favourite. Not to mention, accommodate. :) Damn, I wasn't supposed to mention that. :(

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:09 #90 

zojosc
Mick wrote:
the_doctor wrote:
Mick wrote:

A cheap laptop perhaps?

You asked earlier. what is an internet troll, well as if you did't already know i thought I'd better furnish you with the information.

Bless your pointy little head. :scared:

The term 'Internet troll', originated in a comparison with the angler who 'trolled' a trailing bait to catch a fish. But for non-anglers, the mental image of a troll is the slabby, thick, moss-laded creature of Scandinavian folk lore, further popularised by Terry Pratchett in the Discworld novels, and J. K. Rowling in the Harry Potter books. This sad figure of fun lived under bridges and startles the unwary, but is easily outsmarted by anyone with any intelligence, or a small dog.

The truth is somewhere between the two.

Habitat

The Internet doesn't have ancient slimey stone bridges, but trolls lurk around in quiet corners of the internet; while they can pop up almost anywhere, they thrive in distant relatively uninhabited corners.

Social Interaction

Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship. Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.

If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends' (who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.

If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.

Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.

Sex Life

Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.

The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.

There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.

This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.

Mental Health

It would be easy to dismiss trolls as mentally ill. Easy and wrong. Most would not score significantly on mental illness assessments. But most are simply immature. Fair enough in a teenager, and they have a chance of growing out of it (though the longer they leave it, the harder they may find it to break the habit). But in adults, it's simply sad.

Once upon a time, they would have been called 'inadequate psychopaths'; attention seeking loners, forever feeling sorry for themselves, but too bone idle to lift themselves out of their self-selected mire. Some live in a fantasy world, and find it hard to concentrate on real life; they can't make eye contact, and will say just about anything, frequently contradicting a previous statement.

Intelligence

Most trolls are pretty thick. Let's face it, it doesn't take much intelligence to sus out that the troll life is a pretty pathetic one, and given the choice, even a gerbil would choose a more rewarding lifestyle.

Technique

You don't have to be highly intelligent to be an angler, though some would say that it's difficult to be a successful angler without intelligence. Trolls have all the basic skills, and some are successful, though this is often due to negligence by their victims.

Bait

Trolls lay a variety of baits. The real idiots go for single lines, such as religious bigotry in religious groups, overt misogynism in nurses' groups, and mind blowing subtly, such as "BILL GATES SUCKS" in microsoft support groups. Darwin tells us that if they get a response at that level, then why would they bother to expend what little brain power they have on a better post?

If basic bait fails, then the troll may use a variety of techniques, from sheer twaddle to mild insults, from a controversial view to completely irrelevant questions. Anything to get a response. The human flaw in a troll is a failure to tell the difference between "any response" and "approval". So insulting them merely encourages them. Invariably.

Playing the Fish

The skilled troll will then focus on a key responder; possibly the rudest, possibly not - but the one the troll thinks is most likley to keep responding. At this stage, other responders may be ignored. But if the original target drops out, then troll may turn to others. Few trolls bother to play more than one sucker at a time. They can always come back later.

Tickling the Trout

Experienced trolls do not respond at random. Once they have a sucker in their sites, they control the conversation. One post may elicit a long, detailed and perfectly reasonable response, but that is not what the troll wants. So they'll often complete ignore the main argument (which they started!), and focus on one careless detail - a date wrong, a misspelling for their next attack. And then the same trick again. And again, so long as the sucker responds.

Explosives

When all else fails, the troll will do just what lazy anglers do: they'll drop explosives in the water, clean up and go home. The failed troll can be very abusive indeed.

Weaknesses

Trolls have no life, no power; but by manipulating others, even if for just a couple of exchanges, they have control.

If they can catch an acknowledged expert, so much the better for them.

There's no need ever to get caught by a troll, though it is amusing to see Mensa members frothing at the mouth.

Exploit their weaknesses, as they'd exploit yours.

Attention Need

Trolls are nothing without attention, just a monster under the bed. While the first post may be camoflaged, it really doesn't take rocket science to identify an active troll. The best response from fellow members of the group is simply to ignore it. And the best response from moderators is to delete their membership; quickly and cleanly, with no negotiation or second chance. The group is more important than one idiot.

Socially Inept

Trolls have no self respect and low self esteem, and cannot cope with normal human interaction; start with a bit of flattery, and they may be stuck for a response. Even if they recover, they will not able to react appropriately, which should convince everyone of their trollism.

Trolls focus on their target, not the issue; additonally, most trolls can only pick on one person at a time. This leaves them wide open to paralysis when you talk about them, but not to them.

Seems along drawn out way to say PRICK to me?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:12 #91 

raistlin
Mick wrote:Not to mention, accommodate. :) Damn, I wasn't supposed to mention that. :(

Don't worry. I won't tell anybody ;)
Paul

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:16 #92 

Mick
(Site Admin)
zojosc wrote:
Seems along drawn out way to say PRICK" to me

Ah but that is just the reaction a TROLL is looking for.

Stroke it nicely but if it should bite a swift kick in the goolies will usually calm it down. :)

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 21:16 #93 

kevin
payner75t wrote:i can't believe what's going on in "the club"" .looks like i will either leave or be banned as i have had a falling out with a mods on there
. they are so out of order with thier comments to members (i have been a member longer than most of mods!!!)

sad really ,but very disillusioned at the moment. :censored:

I know just how you fell, after a reply to a pm sent to a mod over there. :mad1:

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 22:19 #94 

payner75t
well they closed my statement thread with a sarcastic comment . so i've temporarily decided to leave . i ill make a permanant decision when i've calmed down a bit.. all i will say is that the moderators seem to be willing to let the club self disruct and the directors haven't done anything about it!!!
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 07:14 #95 

Cowley_MOA
payner75t wrote:well they closed my statement thread with a sarcastic comment . so i've temporarily decided to leave . i ill make a permanant decision when i've calmed down a bit.. all i will say is that the moderators seem to be willing to let the club self disruct and the directors haven't done anything about it!!!

The members will suffer as a result of the Directors 'game'. Leaving the Moderators field and reply to difficult questions and not always in the best way. That will do far more damage to the club than anything the members are doing. Zeb and I aren't even involved oh BBM must be cross :lol: .
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 09:21 #96 

phenonix

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 11:07 #97 

raistlin
phenonix wrote:Image

One of your favourite phrases Joe? ;)
Paul

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 12:47 #98 

Andrew
Good grief arnt we all getting our knickers(is that allowed!)in a twist then.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 13:55 #99 

longbridgezt190
well the 75 club seems to be going from bad to worse !! . members,seem to spend more time bickering and being petty ,when they should be helping other members with there cars . i posted a problem with my air con normal at this time of year , i had one reply after a couple of days , it seemed that people were more preoccupied with laptops and other meaningless posts .i will not be renewing my membership on the site and its made my mind up which site to choose from . i did think that there would be a small chance that i could use both sites . but far to many chief's and not enough bloody indians .................................

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 17:26 #100