The world appears to be intact. by raistlin

raistlin
My cognitive skills are somewhat diminished at the moment having recently returned home from the judicial Christmas beano, but it appears to me that the world has not, in fact, come to an end.

Better luck next time Mayans ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Dec 2012, 16:44 #1 

Jürgen
Sorry to disappoint you, but the end has been delayed for 104 years. Please be patient. :mrgreen:

Posted 21 Dec 2012, 18:07 #2 

Bermudan 75
For those of you who missed the end of the world, it is being repeated tonight on BBC4.....

Posted 21 Dec 2012, 18:39 #3 

carlpenn
raistlin wrote:My cognitive skills are somewhat diminished at the moment having recently returned home from the judicial Christmas beano, but it appears to me that the world has not, in fact, come to an end.

Better luck next time Mayans ;)

ahhh, Don't blame the Mayans, they didn't say it was going to end. They just simply stopped their Calendar at a point and didn't bother making another to follow on. Then some Historian types got over excited and thought it signified the end of the World, when in fact the Calendar stopping point was at that of the Winter Solstice.

Besides the World will end on 31/12/2099 at 11.59 pm, It is a Thursday. Thats when the Windows Clock stops :P :P
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 22 Dec 2012, 08:11 #4 

humphshumphs
Rover418275 wrote:For those of you who missed the end of the world, it is being repeated tonight on BBC4.....

But is it going to be in HD??? (or even 3D - yikes)
Richard

Posted 22 Dec 2012, 08:44 #5 

raistlin
Apparently there was a shop in Wolverhampton selling Mayan calendars at 50% off yesterday morning.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Dec 2012, 11:36 #6