The baby has been named by kandyman

kandyman
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have named their baby son George Alexander Louis.

Posted 24 Jul 2013, 17:37 #1 

Bermudan 75
kandyman wrote:The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have named their baby son George Alexander Louis.

Thought the baby was a boy not a gal :gmc:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 24 Jul 2013, 17:44 #2 

zojosc
Shit I thought they might have called him Zowie, Rolan or Zak, but then I guess it's already been done.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 24 Jul 2013, 18:22 #3 

JohnDotCom
Alexander? they have named it after a Meerkat!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Jul 2013, 11:20 #4 

carlpenn
I get George, Thats a previous King Name, but why Alexander Louis? Is Kate and Will Engineering Fans?
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 25 Jul 2013, 23:15 #5 

Bermudan 75
Louis refers to Lord Louis Mountbatten who was Prince Charles uncle. He served with the RN in the war, was the last Viceroy of India and was murdered by the IRA whilst on a fishing trip in the Republic of Ireland.

Mike

Posted 26 Jul 2013, 07:03 #6 

Jumper
I'm sure the historians on here will correct if necessary, but I think Alexander is drawn not from the Greek origins of Duke of Edinburgh but from the Romanov line (family of and including Nicholas 2nd) executed by Bolshevics at Yekaterina in 1917. The extended family were also executed later to ensure complete 'root and branch' removal, including a grandson of Victoria.

Posted 26 Jul 2013, 11:31 #7