Thank god for warranty - BUT NOT THIS ONE by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

raistlin
Please see my last post on this thread regarding this company

Air-con compressor has seized on VeeKay :(

"That'll be £570 for the new part please. Plus labour of course"

Quick confirmatory phone call to Warrantyworks:-

"Yes, you're covered. Just get the garage to send us the bill :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 10:53 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 05 Oct 2011, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
I remember recommending WarrantyWorks on OC many moons ago and the replies were generally negative as with most of the Warranty Companies recommended.
Glad you have had your monies worth out of them, without all the normal problems Paul.

My mileage has put an end to any form of warranties now although the car is only five and a half years old!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 12:12 #2 

kandyman
Paul I might give you a call later if thats ok as I have spoken to these guys about cover for my car and also I have spoken to them about a club discount. I have only had one chat with them so far so it's early days

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 12:29 #3 

takestock
air con compressor, absolute pig of a job. (speaking from a KV6 position, not sure if diesel is easier) Removal through drivers side wheel arch with copious amounts of skin :( And dont even start to talk about the 10mm securing bolts. always said if i had to do another it would be through the front end removing rad etc.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 16:08 #4 

Last edited by takestock on 03 Aug 2011, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
kandyman wrote:Paul I might give you a call later if thats ok as I have spoken to these guys about cover for my car and also I have spoken to them about a club discount. I have only had one chat with them so far so it's early days

My pleasure Andy. IIRC, you have my phone number :)
Paul

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 16:32 #5 

raistlin
takestock wrote:air con compressor, absolute pig of a job. (speaking from a KV6 position, not sure if diesel is easier) Removal through drivers side wheel arch with copious amounts of skin :( And dont even start to talk about hte 10mm securing bolts. always said if i had to do another it would be through the front end removing rad etc.

So that'll be you avoiding the job at the nano then Dave :lol:

That's the advantage of a decent warranty :D
Paul

Posted 03 Aug 2011, 16:33 #6 

raistlin
Hmm, I really do not work for Warrantyworks but I have to recommend them again.

VeeKay was in for the A/C compressor change today and Tony, my garage geezer, found out that owing to the compressor seizing and jamming the belt, the two part crankshaft pulley has become separated at the rubber joint where the two halves are apparently assembled.

Tony just told me this and obviously, I was a little bit hacked off as I really didn't want to be spending money two days before we go on holiday.

However, Tony had already been on to Warrantyworks and they had given authorisation to replace the crankshaft pulley as part of the same job :D

I asked Tony if they'd kicked off and he told me that the woman at Warrantyworks said "Yes, this happens a lot. I'm not surprised. Go ahead and sort it out for your customer. Authorisation number is..."

So no, they didn't kick off. Quite the reverse :D
Paul

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 14:19 #7 

carlpenn
good to hear it went easy for you Paul :)

We could do with a Warranty, but I doubt anyone will touch us with 158k on the Clock lol
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 15:08 #8 

raistlin
Carl, VeeKay has nearly 120K and Warrantyworks have already told me I can have another two years when this policy is up for renewal in January next year. Might be worth asking.
Paul

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 15:14 #9 

carlpenn
Hi Paul, I went on their Website and entered Car details bt nothing came up under their policies - I will give them a call tomorrow and see :)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 17:04 #10 

raistlin
carlpenn wrote:Hi Paul, I went on their Website and entered Car details bt nothing came up under their policies - I will give them a call tomorrow and see :)

That's a shame Carl :(
Paul

Posted 17 Aug 2011, 17:52 #11 

Dallas
Wow! :-o Blooming ek! :thumbsup: Excellent! :clap:

Well done Warranty works.......

Posted 20 Aug 2011, 21:55 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Entered my car details on their site, price quoted £182.83 for 12 months. How does that compare with yours Paul?

Posted 21 Aug 2011, 12:00 #13 

raistlin
Mick wrote:Entered my car details on their site, price quoted £182.83 for 12 months. How does that compare with yours Paul?

Depends what level of cover they've offered you Mick. It seems about right for what I think they call "Platinum" cover for a year but the two year cover will make a considerable saving
Paul

Posted 22 Aug 2011, 16:44 #14 

Bermudan 75
I just entered my car for 2 years with maximum pay out of £750, with 5% online discount: £241.93.

In April my alternator packed up, with a full 20k service the bill was £600.....

Posted 03 Sep 2011, 20:21 #15 

raistlin
I am withdrawiing my recommendation with regards to WARRANTYWORKS.

Suffice to say that my dealings with this company are now, via my solicitors, in the hands of the Financial Ombudsman Service.:(

I'm not going into detail here but there is now no way on this earth that I'd take out a warranty with them.
Paul

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 12:18 #16 

JohnDotCom
That doesn't sound to good Paul, but thanks for keeping us "updated" and hope you get sorted soon.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 14:43 #17 

Mad-Monkey
Doesn't sound too good Paul, hope you get sorted!

Posted 05 Oct 2011, 16:38 #18 

PaulT
They were obviously worried about the enquiries from 75 owners - you cannot get the parts don't you know.

Shame how a company that has provided good service can suddenly change.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Oct 2011, 06:30 #19 

Dallas
Dallas wrote:Wow! :-o Blooming ek! :thumbsup: Excellent! :clap:

Well done Warranty works.......

Delete the above....... Shame on them............... :roll:

Had similar problem with the AA, a formal complaint and a very long phone conversation with senior management soon made things move forward.

Hope you get it all sorted and not loose out on much Paul. :thumbsup:

Posted 08 Oct 2011, 19:00 #20