T4 testbook? Not looking anymore! by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Have a T1 at the moment, but the touchscreen fell over on Thrusday when I was trying to help someone.

So if anyone sees one at a good price (no idea how much that is so it may still end up too pricy) please let me know about it.

Might be especially good if it's cheap because of missing leads, as I think the T1 leads would fit.

Posted 13 Aug 2010, 18:20 #1 

Last edited by Duncan on 20 Aug 2010, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Russ
(Trader)
Sorry to hear that Duncan :(

Should be fairly easy to get a T1 without leads, T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System)'s a fair bit harder the leads aren't the same though, you'd have to alter the main lead.

Will keep an eye out for you.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 12:18 #2 

Duncan
Thanks, just spotted a T1 on fleabay, though it sounds less than fully working. May be good for a repair?

Still if anyone spots a T4 would be good to upgrade if I can get away with it. Will call it an investment for my retirement....

Do you think that will work?

BTW has anyone any experince of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LANDROVER-ROVER-T ... _Equipment

Posted 15 Aug 2010, 19:32 #3 

Duncan
Another question. What's the going rate for a T4?

There's one on fleabay, but I've contacted the guy and he's offered me a price. It's a lot but I don't know if it's reasonable.

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 12:15 #4 

Mad-Monkey
Duncan wrote:Another question. What's the going rate for a T4?

There's one on fleabay, but I've contacted the guy and he's offered me a price. It's a lot but I don't know if it's reasonable.

If you can wait till this evening I can see if I can find the receipt and tell you the "new" price.

Not sure if I read somewhere that someone mentioned the cables were a pig to get. So you'd have to check what it comes with.

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 12:49 #5 

Duncan
This one claims to come with all cables, the stand and the lot.

It's Birmingham, so I'd have to go and see it working.

Problem is at close to a grand, I doubt I'll get signoff for it. Probably better to fix up the T1. :( :(

Posted 17 Aug 2010, 21:43 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Duncan wrote:This one claims to come with all cables, the stand and the lot.

It's Birmingham, so I'd have to go and see it working.

Problem is at close to a grand, I doubt I'll get signoff for it. Probably better to fix up the T1. :( :(

If its complete and only a grand its a bargain! Grab it!

Posted 18 Aug 2010, 06:22 #7 

Duncan
Thanks all. Financial controller has approved, so long as at sometime in the future it contributes back to its cost. We will see.

Have emailed him with an offer.

Could anyone tell me what I need to check for? I know what the testbook leads are like for a T1 (is the 75 one green? Mine is home made) so are there any differences. I know I need the T4 interface box, too.

I just hope it comes off....

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 18:18 #8 

JohnDotCom
I would PM someone like Big Russ who I am sure will advise,
or anybody else with a current T4 system.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 18:19 #9 

Mad-Monkey
You have a PM Duncan :)

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 19:52 #10 

Duncan
Very useful info. Thanks Dave.

Wish me luck, hope this isn't a bad one.....

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 20:18 #11 

Duncan
Thanks for the iunformation, especially Dave (Monk) and Russ.

After a horrific journey (not looking forward to Sunday, must say) am now the proud owner of a T4. Seems to have most things, except the omiscan T4 handheld. Somewhat grubby but fully working.

I am some what poorer, but a happy bunny.

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 17:16 #12 

MrB
Congratulations on your new acquisition Duncan

I know I, and many more on here, would be in the mire without Russ' box of tricks.

Hopefully those in your area will benefit just as greatly from yours.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 17:20 #13 

Duncan
MrB wrote:Congratulations on your new acquisition Duncan

I know I, and many more on here, would be in the mire without Russ' box of tricks.

Chris

I intend to try to make it so. I'm part way between David and Russ, and I know there are a few owners in my area. While the T1 was working it had light use, but that was because it's such a pain. I hope the T4 will prove more useful. Will have to see if I can get some discs and leads so that some Landrover owners can pay for it!

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 20:00 #14 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:
MrB wrote:Congratulations on your new acquisition Duncan

Chris

I intend to try to make it so. I'm part way between David and Russ, and I know there are a few owners in my area. While the T1 was working it had light use, but that was because it's such a pain. I hope the T4 will prove more useful. Will have to see if I can get some discs and leads so that some Landrover owners can pay for it!

I've got some of the Land Rover stuff with my Omitech.

(what a pointless post now I think about it) :confused:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 21:31 #15 

Russ
(Trader)
Good to see you got it Duncan :D

I'm sure you'll find it not too different from the T1, but if you need any help or advice feel free to give me a ring.

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 21:36 #16