Streamcom FC8 Evo Fanless HTPC by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
http://www.quietpc.com/st-fc8-evo

I have the case which is unfortunately damaged (Hefty Scratch) (plus missing screw) on the side, complete with PSU, Asus P8H61-1 Mobo, Intel CPU (Can't remember which one), and Slimline DVD Writer. You just need to add your own RAM and HDD. You'll need a 2.5" as I think the 3.5" will be too much of a squeeze. If you get a SSD the only noise it makes is that of the DVD writer when its in use. Play everything from the network or USB and it's completely silent. When I first switched it on I wasn't sure it was working as it is dead silent. It also has the streacom remote module and handset.

I can provide PICs if necessary and I'll take some of the damage shortly. The front of the unit is mint and looks good next to the TV. You can upgrade the DVD writer to a bluray writer from Streacom. ALthough ripping your bluray collection is the way to go!

I'll also try and fire it up and see what CPU I put in if needed.

£200 good to anyone? Paypal and postage will be at cost though. The case and psu is over £200 so essentially you get everything else free. Installation of the CPU was very fiddly so think yourself lucky you won't need to do that lol.

Posted 09 Mar 2014, 13:16 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Here are a few pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 09 Mar 2014, 13:25 #2 

Mad-Monkey
One more!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 09 Mar 2014, 13:26 #3 

Mad-Monkey
The front USB are only wired for USB2 despite being USB3. There are two rear USB3 ports though. A USB3 cable can be bought from Streacom but I don't think the Mobo has USB3 a spare output on the board.

Posted 09 Mar 2014, 13:28 #4