Stickers by goodlittlewifey (Page 2 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

takestock
Cannot believe how little this is costing Mick, we, the internet numpties, are lead to believe there are all sorts of hidden costs to running a forum but under 12 quid. i'm a bit shocked.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 13:02 #21 

DeuxGazoles
It begs the question..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a3DZsO36cA
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 13:09 #22 

goodlittlewifey
So what exactly does the rest of the subscriptions pay for, its going to cost pennies for the duff stickers, and the tax disc with the writing
the wrong way round, starting to feel glad Ive not paid the £10 yet, and I dont intend to now, and someone not far from me,is wishing he hadnt paid his
as well

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:26 #23 

Fred
Right, pack it in all of you! You're the same people who were saying what wonderful value it was only a short time ago. There's no need for any divisiveness, if you now don't like the club forum don't go there, but stop trying to whip things up. I'm finding it a pain with two forums on the go but if this keeps up I know which one I'll be dropping out of. Just let sleeping dogs lie, eh?

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:35 #24 

JohnDotCom
Not coming to the defence of the Club but running a limited Company (Forum next door) will have its own individual costs, plus Insurances for shows, Accountants fees, Members packs etc,
and I believe they have a larger server to pay for, but couldn't say one way or the other.

As always stated it is a voluntary subscription there, so you have to make your own choices, and if you don't agree don't subscribe.

But of course regardless we would like to see you here a lot. :)
Lets hope the Club and Community can run side by side supplying information and a great social time without problems.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:40 #25 

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:Cannot believe how little this is costing Mick, we, the internet numpties, are lead to believe there are all sorts of hidden costs to running a forum but under 12 quid. i'm a bit shocked.

That's just the purchase of the name, which is renewable every two years. Bear in mind we have some formidable expertise and experience available to us under the old pals act, not to mention our own in various aspects of business and IT, also the offers of assistance from members does not go unnoticed and if needed we will certainly ask for help. I have no shame. :)
Most internet forums are hosted on severs that are in business to make a profit. Hosting fees are anything between £20.00 and £70.00 per month you can pay a lot more for more options of course. you can also pay a lot less for limited capability. The sensible way to go is to rent your own server, manage it yourself and host a few commercial web sites. The clients paying for space for their own sites will easily cover the cost of your forum, that is where we sit, in time we will be paying for the percentage of drive space and bandwidth we take up, but only when there is an income. If no income then it will remain FOC.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:42 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Fred wrote:Right, pack it in all of you! You're the same people who were saying what wonderful value it was only a short time ago. There's no need for any divisiveness, if you now don't like the club forum don't go there, but stop trying to whip things up. I'm finding it a pain with two forums on the go but if this keeps up I know which one I'll be dropping out of. Just let sleeping dogs lie, eh?

Laying down the law is not something I would have wanted to see on here by anybody. It is inappropriate and in itself is divisive. We can also do without the heavy type as well. Your point is just as easily made in standard type.
However, if people really want to make complaints about any other forum or club then they really should be doing there and not here. I personally made my protest by setting up this forum and inviting my friends to join if they wished.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:47 #27 

goodlittlewifey
Im not trying to whip things up, just making a point, and if I dropped one of the forums, it wouldnt be this one. as I tend to side with people who have tried to do the right thing by me, and have been treated disgracefully because of it
and I did actually complain on the other forum, and my post disappeared

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:49 #28 

Mick
(Site Admin)
goodlittlewifey wrote:Im not trying to whip things up, just making a point, and if I dropped one of the forums, it wouldnt be this one. as I tend to side with people who have tried to do the right thing by me, and have been treated disgracefully because of it
and I did actually complain on the other forum, and my post disappeared

I won't have you apologising for speaking your mind Heather, that is not at all necessary. Your presence here in itself speaks volumes.

Your protest would be better heard on the Owners Club forum. We are only to aware of the issues you raise.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:57 #29 

goodlittlewifey
thanks Mick, I just felt I,d had my ample backside smacked for no reason

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 14:58 #30 

Zeb
goodlittlewifey wrote:thanks Mick, I just felt I,d had my ample backside smacked for no reason

Is that available on Youtube? :D

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 15:04 #31 

goodlittlewifey
too late Zeb, its been deleted,

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 15:06 #32 

Zeb
goodlittlewifey wrote:too late Zeb, its been deleted,

Spoilysport... :cry: :hissyfit: :P

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 15:08 #33 

JohnDotCom
....and there was me on Youtube listening to that very young drummer (posted elsewhere)
and I completely missed your post there Heather.

Smacking backsides I am sure there is another Forum for that. :mrgreen: :gmc:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 16:16 #34 

DeuxGazoles
JohnDotCom wrote:

Here's a link...........................no on second thoughts better not :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 16:19 #35 

goodlittlewifey
DeuxGazoles wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:

Here's a link...........................no on second thoughts better not :gmc:

dont you dare put the link on,,,,,,,,,,,, that was for just you :2:

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 21:48 #36 

James.uk
To get back on topic --- well nearly -- How about a "donations" button? When your a posh member of the landed gentry, like whot I am, it's nice to be able to help out the needy wiv a few quid now and then innit? :D :D

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 01:56 #37 

JohnDotCom
A donate button will be appearing on new layout for donations. Thanks.
John

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 07:49 #38 

Brigus
Mick wrote:
Fred wrote:Right, pack it in all of you! You're the same people who were saying what wonderful value it was only a short time ago. There's no need for any divisiveness, if you now don't like the club forum don't go there, but stop trying to whip things up. I'm finding it a pain with two forums on the go but if this keeps up I know which one I'll be dropping out of. Just let sleeping dogs lie, eh?

Laying down the law is not something I would have wanted to see on here by anybody. It is inappropriate and in itself is divisive. We can also do without the heavy type as well. Your point is just as easily made in standard type.
However, if people really want to make complaints about any other forum or club then they really should be doing there and not here. I personally made my protest by setting up this forum and inviting my friends to join if they wished.

Seems a bit harsh - it didn't seem to me that Fred was having a go at anyone, just making a valid point about unnecessary divisiveness.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 17:55 #39 

steven
Why does it have to be either or.

I'm going to support both forums.. I'll keep paying my membership fees on the other side as the amount of help I've received form it demands that I do..
However I'm also concious of the fact that a lot of that help was by the members that have setup this forum and I'd like to support them and this forum as well.

Now I don't feel that I have been harmed by the recent issues but I do wish to show my appreciation to the mods here by helping any way I can.

Also anything that can help support our cars has to be a good thing. At the end of the day the other forum never had any issues before with other memebrs having their own rover 75 sites and I supported them where relevant as well.

A good one is http://rover75.110mb.com/index.html
Does this look familiar?

Continuing to support the 75 community wherever they may be

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 20:00 #40