Spooky by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
About an hour ago, it went so dark round here that the streetlights came on. In fact it was significantly darker (I know it's subjective) than it was at midnight last night.

Darkest I've ever seen in the UK owing to thunderstorm activity. Luckily, working from home today, I was able to take part in the emergency flooding party :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 10:02 #1 

Duncan
Just had a text from Mary at work. Worst thunderstorm she's ever seen except outside the UK.

Here in Crewe, it's just grey.

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 10:23 #2 

raistlin
The sun is now so hot and bright that the roads are literally steaming. What a contrast. Apparently we're in for some more later as well.
Paul

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 10:31 #3 

Bernard
Forecast here at present is sunny intervals and white cloud. Seems that the torrential downpours must be just a figment of my imagination. Our road is like a swiftly running river. Better get the Range Rover out, there will be flooded roads round here for sure when it runs off the hills.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 11:05 #4 

SpongeBob
Same here:

Black as night earlier. Street lights on, very muggy in the air. Then the heavens opened. And boy did they open.

Definitely some local flooding around here with more rain and storms passing as I speak. Just nipped out of work to get some lunch and and got caught in one.

Worse thing is... I know I've left the bedroom windows open at home :(

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 11:42 #5 

Mad-Monkey
At work, the waters came up over the kerbs and into the garden. Never seen the area flood! 15 minutes later it was gone!!

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 12:34 #6 

raistlin
The local pub's cellar has flooded. The fire brigade are there now pumping it out. Now that's what I call serious :lol:
Paul

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 12:44 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:The local pub's cellar has flooded. The fire brigade are there now pumping it out. Now that's what I call serious :lol:

Definitely, a national emergency. :)

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 12:52 #8 

Jürgen
Don't worry, the essential supplies should be in waterproof packaging by default. :D

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 12:59 #9 

raistlin
Not that I use it of course. Den of iniquity that it is.
Paul

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 14:05 #10 

bluey9
raistlin wrote:Not that I use it of course. Den of iniquity that it is.

Sit at the door and wait for the beer to floating out among the floodwater.... conscience clear... fridge full :cheers:

Cheers
Bluey

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 14:30 #11 

raistlin
Chance would be a fine thing John. There's already a crowd of baying hounds around the cellar entrance :lol:

Actually, it's a Banks' house and the manager hasn't a clue how to look after any beer that isn't the colour of piss and freezing cold ;)
Paul

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 14:44 #12 

Zeb
You sent your storm over here! Hit Sleaford about 30 minutes ago so we will get it soon......

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 14:45 #13 

Duncan
STILL just grey in Crewe.

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:15 #14 

Zeb
Blackness just fell here...

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:18 #15 

MrDoodles
Well it's been rumbling around Spalding for about an hour, but no rain yet, but some very black clouds heading for us from the North!

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:18 #16 

Dave
Zeb wrote:You sent your storm over here! Hit Sleaford about 30 minutes ago so we will get it soon......

It did! I know! I'm there!

Cracking storm though Gromit lad! Never heard thunder like it - sounded like faux thunder from Hollywood movies. Must have been two storms at the same time as lightning was coming as thunder was still sounding. Then the heavens opened...... Drains on the road were blocked and there was a three foot wide "river" running down the road, with one foot high "geysers" coming up out of the drains. My car was on the road and the water was above the wheel rims.....

But now it's all gone...

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:23 #17 

Jürgen
Dave wrote:[...] My car was on the road and the water was above the wheel rims.....

But now it's all gone...

Let's hope your car is still there ... ;)

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:30 #18 

Zeb
We're all DOOMED I tell ye! :shock:

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:34 #19 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Just a bit too far south here to experience the full force. Just some occasional heavy showers lasting a few minutes. :( I do like a good thunder storm.

Posted 28 Jun 2012, 15:41 #20