SOLD: Anyone want a car a van? by Duncan

Duncan
Selling my 1986 swift Corniche 14 2E. Nice lightweight van, and looks much younger than it is. Good condition and no damp. 2 berth (no births as far as I know)

End bathroom, with separate shower, but doesn't have the modern cassette loo. Oven and hob, three way fridge. Gas and electric water heater.

It's on a lightweight alloy chassis and tows nicely.

Looking for £500. Some accessories available (spare wheel, alko stabiliser on the towball) price to be discussed.

I do have an almost new awning as well, again price to be negotiated.

Any interest? Photos available tomorrow once I've cleaned it.

Posted 06 Aug 2011, 21:29 #1 

Last edited by Duncan on 23 Aug 2011, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
Here's a link to some photos:

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/ ... or%20sale/

I need to get rid of it quickly as the new one is due soon.

It's actually 1987, not 86. Not that it makes much difference.

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 18:58 #2 

Duncan
Shameless bump. I do need to move it as the new one is imminent.

Posted 15 Aug 2011, 19:25 #3 

RRobson
how quickly is quickly?
interested, but i currently dont have a car suitable for towing (due in the next week or so) and dont have a towing licence yet (due after suitable car is attained, but dad can tow on his licence, so all is not lost)
dont hang on for me, if you can get rid of it, by all means do so :)
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 15 Aug 2011, 22:50 #4 

Duncan
Well, the new van arrives Saturday, but we are looking at new storgae arrangements for the new one so I am now in less of a rush because of space. However I do have a few bills from the new one....

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 06:57 #5 

RRobson
i will keep you informed. if you sell it, let me know

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 16 Aug 2011, 08:28 #6 

RRobson
quick question, whats the weight of the van?
hopefully its ok, 85% of the weight of my car is 1262kg, so id imagine the van is a bit less?
also, how quickly do you want it gone? id need a few week to get some cash together

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 19 Aug 2011, 22:15 #7 

Duncan
Unladen weight 800kg, maximum laden weight 1000kg so shouldn't be a problem. It's a lightweight alloy chassis. I used to tow it with a 216 for a while. The weight was not a problem, but the grip on the cars front wheels when trying to pull away wasn't as good as I'd have liked. Never caused a problem though.

I'd like it gone as soon as I can, but the urgency has gone a little, as I'm storing the new one somewhere different, so I can and will be putting it back in storage. I've had a few people locally interested too. However no-one has said they will have it.

Posted 20 Aug 2011, 08:29 #8 

PaulT
RRobson wrote:hopefully its ok, 85% of the weight of my car is 1262kg, so id imagine the van is a bit less?

Towing weight is not the same as the weight of the car so you need to check what the max towing weight is - it is illegal to tow something that is in excess of the max towing weight of the car.

It is recommended to tow only 85% of the max towing weight. However, you can go over that just be careful.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 20 Aug 2011, 15:22 #9 

Duncan
Hi. This is now sold, thanks for the interest.

Posted 23 Aug 2011, 18:43 #10