Size of callipers for 160/190 derivatives. by SpongeBob

• Related topics: (no related topics)

SpongeBob
Can someone tell me if the rear callipers for the 160 KV6 are the same size as the callipers (and therefore the same size brake pads) as the higher powered 190 KV6 versions?

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 17:27 #1 

MrB
I think the 190's had vented rear discs, so I doubt it.

Could be wrong though.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 19:45 #2 

SpongeBob
Vented discs yes but also some other models such as the 160 and some CDTi's also had vented rears. The thing is though - wasn't the rotor (and therefore the calliper/pads) the same size regardless?

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 20:10 #3 

MrB
Could be the same diameter rotor, but would need a larger depth of carrier for the pads as they would need to be farther apart?

There were some going quite cheap on eBay not so long back, was a dismantler in Doncaster.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 22:13 #4 

SpongeBob
Thanks for the information. I have some pads in the garage I bought for my 160 V6 but now I've got a 190 I was thinking (hoping!) they were the same size.

If anyone can confirm before end of Sunday (tomorrow) that would be much appreciated as I need to replace the pads on Tuesday coming :panic:

Posted 16 Oct 2010, 18:18 #5