Sir Ken Dodd by Bermudan 75

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bermudan 75

Posted 12 Mar 2018, 05:53 #1 

humphshumphs
RIP Sir Ken.

A very funny man who will be missed by many.
Richard

Posted 12 Mar 2018, 06:29 #2 

Last edited by humphshumphs on 12 Mar 2018, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

PaulT
Just a shame he did not pay his taxes.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Mar 2018, 11:49 #3 

Colvert
Rip Ken.

Guess he'll be missed by lots of folk. I lived through the era of his fame but his humour was just not for me.

Posted 22 Mar 2018, 21:30 #4 

Bermudan 75
I was chatting to an elderly lady yesterday who took her grandson to see a certain comedian. She has seen this comedian on numerous occasions on TV and never heard a swear word.

She was amazed and embarrassed by the amount of swearing used by the comedian during his show.

The one thing about Ken Dodd was that it was safe to take children to his shows, although they would end be up way, way past their bedtime.

Posted 23 Mar 2018, 18:45 #5 

Jumper
Please forgive my temporary return. Just seen this thread and was reminded of the great man, genuinely funny real comedian, unlike so many others who try too hard. Walked past his home many times. Reminded of a particular event as follows:

A charity dinner he attended in Liverpool in memory of Bill Shankly. He asked if anyone knew the name of the current Manager's daughter. No one seemed to know so he told them. Klipperty. The loudest laugh came from Jürgen. It shouldn't be funny, but it is. Bless him.

Posted 24 Apr 2018, 19:05 #6