Seatbelt seized by Kev85

Kev85
The passenger front seatbelt seems to have seized in the last few days(but only noticed it yesterday!)

Has zero free play, completely taut with no give.

Now, shortly before I noticed it had seized, we were playing with the fuses behind the glovebox trying to find which 5amp fuse was the dashboard clock and removed and checked every single 5amp fuse before we found out it was the last one. Also, there seemed to be spare fuses in there so we used one of those.
Could that have something to do with it?

Is it hard to remove the door pillar trim?

Ta,
Kev

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 14:14 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Kev85 wrote:The passenger front seatbelt seems to have seized in the last few days(but only noticed it yesterday!)

Has zero free play, completely taut with no give.

Now, shortly before I noticed it had seized, we were playing with the fuses behind the glovebox trying to find which 5amp fuse was the dashboard clock and removed and checked every single 5amp fuse before we found out it was the last one. Also, there seemed to be spare fuses in there so we used one of those.
Could that have something to do with it?

Is it hard to remove the door pillar trim?

Ta,
Kev

I dont think the fuses will be anything to do with the seatbelts, the mechanism is mechanical. The pretensioners are in the seatbelt clips which are wired to the SRS (Supplementary Restraint System) system.

May just be jammed, the door pillar trim gently pulls off, and then presses back into place with a bit of fiddling with the door seal to get it looking nice again.

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 15:44 #2